Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Powder Seeker
2007 Tacoma Double
275 Posts
I found that by turning it to 'Face' mode and than closing the two inner vents and pointing the outer vents towards the windows worked quite well for me.

I only wish I could find these Redi Heat elements in Ontario somewhere, they are seemingly difficult to find here. :canada:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I had frost on my mirrors yesterday and the heaters worked great. They even evaporated the water drops. I also did this mod to another taco but used the smaller elements. Its worth getting larger elements because the smaller elements did not melt the entire mirror, only where the element was applied.

·
TacoFever
414 Posts
... .I used a defrost switch from a late 90's 4runner. ...

How much dremelling did you have to do to fit the 4Runner switch? Did you have to make the hole bigger or just cut pieces behind the panel? In your pic it looks like the switch fits securely and looks stock ... great job!

I have the Muth heated signal mirrors and want to have a stock looking switch. Here's a couple I found on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-95-4runner-rear-defrost-switch_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50459QQihZ002QQitemZ120114534973QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-95-TOYOTA-4RUNNER-DEFROST-SWITCH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50459QQihZ008QQitemZ180167228991QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

·
Registered
333 Posts
Heated mirror mod is done! havent had the chance to use them yet but i tried breathing on the mirrors right after i turned them on and it cleared very fast where the heater element was. so happy ... i'll try to include my timer circuit later on.. i just bought a house so i have no time :)

·
Registered
2002 Tacoma TRD
3 Posts
Does anyone know if the power mirror glass is attached the same on the 2004 and earlier Tacomas?

·
Registered
2002 Tacoma TRD
3 Posts
1st GenTacoma power mirrors

Do the 2004 and earlier Tacoma power mirrors come apart the same way?

·
Tragically Hip
342 Posts
Bump.

Anyone else done this mod?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone have the pictures from the original poster? I plan on doing this this weekend, the pictures would be great.

I bought a aftermarket heated mirror from a Sienna, looks to be the same.

Thanks
Shawn

41 - 53 of 53 Posts