Toyota Nation Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Solara V6
27 Posts
I have a 2002 DWP for over a year now. Just recently got hit in a parking lot but the other party's insurance took care of the car! So not stopping on my future plans

Current Mods:
TRD Molly Design Badges, but no lip kit yet
TRD Grille Badge from ebay
TRD Exhaust
TRD/Bilstein Struts
Tein Springs
Ultra Racing RSB 19mm
Cheap 17's from the previous owner
Injen Intake - (soon to be replaced with the black model and also a UPFD extension!!!)
Gen 1 taillights (not pictured)
Pioneer deck w/6.5" Kickers in the front and 6x9 Alpines in the rear

Future Mods:
TRD S/C
TRD strut bar
some other items that I will want to upgrade...

Here are some photos when I took the trip down to Southern California to get my car worked on by Greg for the struts and springs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys new to the Toyota Solara but i got myself a 2000, Auto, I4, No pics will have some soon to show but juck checking in saying whats up:Bruce:

·
抵抗は無駄で&#
2002 Solara SLE V6
9,079 Posts
I love your struts & springs :)
so TRD for Solara is made by Bilstein? that's interesting, because Bilstein website doesn't even say they make them for Solaras at all ... how much were those struts?

how is the drop and ride feel over bumps?

I have same 2002 V6 model as you, just silver :)

I have a 2002 DWP for over a year now. Just recently got hit in a parking lot but the other party's insurance took care of the car! So not stopping on my future plans

Current Mods:
TRD Molly Design Badges, but no lip kit yet
TRD Grille Badge from ebay
TRD Exhaust
TRD/Bilstein Struts
Tein Springs
Ultra Racing RSB 19mm
Cheap 17's from the previous owner
Injen Intake - (soon to be replaced with the black model and also a UPFD extension!!!)
Gen 1 taillights (not pictured)
Pioneer deck w/6.5" Kickers in the front and 6x9 Alpines in the rear

Future Mods:
TRD S/C
TRD strut bar
some other items that I will want to upgrade...

Here are some photos when I took the trip down to Southern California to get my car worked on by Greg for the struts and springs.

·
SteveSoalra
Toyota Solara 99'
3 Posts
Hey guys. It's SteveSolara on SG.com I decided to come on here too, just to see what everyone is up to. So anyone here i know?

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
SteveSoalra
Toyota Solara 99'
3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 solara
1 Posts
I am new to this and I was looking at people's list of mods and one person had disables auto-sensors and disabled drls what is the advantage for that.

·
Registered
2001 Solara
6 Posts
New to Toyota

Hello,

I just wanted to check in. I am new to Toyota cars in general. I just bought a 2001 Solara SE just to take back and forth to college. I did not realize how many cool things can be done with the Solara. I look forward to putting the wrenches to my ride. Side note: does anyone know how to contact anyone from SolaraGuy? I cannot log in because I cannot verify my account. Thanks in advance.

T

·
Registered
02 1.5 gen solara
9 Posts
Hey all! not exactly new to TN but i've been aroundish. i was way more active on solaraguy.com but it seems to dead for good now.

i own a 2002 1.5 Gen solara 5speed that is currently under the knife. I'm installing a 3MZ for 2004 sienna. Smaay from SG found a way to disable the VVTI and run the 1MZ throttle body. i took this one step further and i have slapped on my TRD supercharger with a 5.5psi, meth injection, supra injectors, bigger fuel pump and whole lot more, i mean a lot more. i'm hoping to see at least 260whp from a street tune and possibly more with a dyno tune.

i may start a build thread we'll see

·
Registered
'05 Solara
7 Posts
I'm somewhat new to TN, ive creeped it a few times looking for info. Finally had a good enough question to register, lol.
I have a red 2005 V6 solara. not a whole lot done to it at the moment.
i had the exhaust unbolted at the y-pipe and was driving it like that for a good 6 months. i loved it.

Heres a good exhaust video, just a simple cruise around lexington.
At around 2 minutes in at the u-turn i ride out the first few gears to give a good idea of the exhaust tone. Filmed with a go-pro, bass heavy speakers/headphones needed.

It's lowered 2" on tein s-tech springs, with stock struts that just went out recently. looking to move to coilovers. (if you have any input on coilover setups besides the Tein SS setup please contact me)
Blacked out various things, like emblems and the grille.
6000k low beams with 3000k fogs.
19" black chrome XXR 522's +38 in front and +15 in rear.

Hey all! not exactly new to TN but i've been aroundish. i was way more active on solaraguy.com but it seems to dead for good now.

i own a 2002 1.5 Gen solara 5speed that is currently under the knife. I'm installing a 3MZ for 2004 sienna. Smaay from SG found a way to disable the VVTI and run the 1MZ throttle body. i took this one step further and i have slapped on my TRD supercharger with a 5.5psi, meth injection, supra injectors, bigger fuel pump and whole lot more, i mean a lot more. i'm hoping to see at least 260whp from a street tune and possibly more with a dyno tune.

i may start a build thread we'll see
Man i really hope you do. id love to supercharge my 3mz. dont you have to fabricate a manifold adapter to accomodate it?

·
Registered
2009 Avalon Limited
593 Posts
2005 Blk on Blk V6 SLE..60k Miles

20 Inch Legacy Ecstasy Wheels/Kumho 225-35-20 Tires..Slightly Smaller Then "Stock" Over All Wheel Tire Diameter..NO RUB at All!

TRD:
RSB
FSTB
Sport Exhaust

R1 Concepts D/S Zinc Coated Rotors
Stop Tech SS Break Lines

Injen Intake

Metal Front Grille TRD Badge
Rear TRD Badge

Red Dupli Color Painted Calipers/W Vinyl TRD Stickers

20%Tint

CompuStar 2way Alarm/Remote Start