Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought H4 bulbs for my solara from ebay. I've searched around a LITTle and I found some people saying that they used 9005. I bought my solara used, and it didn't come with a user's manual. Therefore, I don't know how to change these headlights. On cars I've had before, I just turned it counterclockwise and the bulb came out. This car however seems as if it's a little different. How is it done? Thanks.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
it depends on what year your car is but since you have the H4 bulb there should be a ring around the base of the bulb meets the headlight. turn that ring and then you can take the bulb out. the 9005 blub is for the cars with a diffrent bulb for the high and low beam.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chronoti said:
it depends on what year your car is but since you have the H4 bulb there should be a ring around the base of the bulb meets the headlight. turn that ring and then you can take the bulb out. the 9005 blub is for the cars with a diffrent bulb for the high and low beam.
i have 1999 solara

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
hummm well if thats not the case then there might be a rubber boot you can take out and thar be a metal clip behind it.

·
Registered
Highlander
1,547 Posts
You bought the correct size for the '99-'01. '02-'03 used 9006 for low and 9005 for high beams. Disconnect the light harness, remove the cover boot, release the bulb retention clip, and pull out the light bulb. No twisting is needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You bought the correct size for the '99-'01. '02-'03 used 9006 for low and 9005 for high beams. Disconnect the light harness, remove the cover boot, release the bulb retention clip, and pull out the light bulb. No twisting is needed.
Thats right except for my '99 Solara took 9003 series but I was just as happy when I unplugged the wire from the back of the old bulb and the fins from the new bulb matched, so onward with the installation. Was also happy no re aiming of the headlights were required either. 15 minuet job. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts