Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where this is located? Is it possible to fix it yourself? And...what happens if nothing is done to it, will car die?:confused:

·
Not so Noob now!
564 Posts
What system is it for? Did a mechanic diagnose it as being bad? There could be several solinoids in your car. They are used in power locks, power hood releses, shifter interlocks (keeps you from shifting from park to drive unless your foot is on the brake) or in your transmission for valve control, not to mention your starter has an intergral solenoid to push the starter gear over to the flywheel when you start your car.

So you might be able to fix yourself. But truthfully I'm not sure what Solenoid in your car would be "Solenoid E"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I didnt make myself clear enough.
My CEL came on this weekend, I went to auto zone and they checked it out for me. He did say the code, but I cant remember it. He said it was Transmission Solenoid E.
He didnt know anything about it, only that it has something to do with the transmission.
Oh yeah it's a 2000 CE if that makes a difference.

·
Not so Noob now!
564 Posts
Don't take this as gospel but, It's probably the solenoid that controls the ECT/PWR shifting curve. My guess is it won't kill your car, but a quick call to a tranny shop wouldn't hurt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts