Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 maxima SE 5-spd
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched "96 camry" on ebay and came up with 9 pages worth of stuff. I went through all of it.

So far I think this is good.. feedback would be appreciated or any addition to the list:

clear bumper lense
clear corner lamp
front strut bar
red-out taillight

anything else i can purchase? if not ebay, then can anyone point me to a vendor? thanks

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm not going to search for vendors for you because every browser has a search engine, but I will tell you what the basics are for me on modding an import. First of all, I would get a cat back exhaust, NOT A FART CAN. There is nothing wrong with letting your car breathe easier, but there is something wrong with cars that sound like motorcycles. The clear corners is something that I would do, makes the car look cleaner to me, go for it. Instead of a strut bar, I would suggest a rear sway bar. Good motor oil like Mobil 1 synthetic, a good air filter replacement like K&N, for easier, smoother running.

·
Registered
96 maxima SE 5-spd
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wasn't asking for people to search for vendors but rather recommend them. I am not a noob when it comes to googling stuff.

Hmm, why not get both RSB and FSTB? As for the exhaust, i agree with you. On my maxima, i'm running a greddy sp catback and i love it. I'm not sure if i am going to do engine mods to this car though. Not even a V6 :(

·
Traitor
332 Posts
nadir said:
i searched "96 camry" on ebay and came up with 9 pages worth of stuff. I went through all of it.

So far I think this is good.. feedback would be appreciated or any addition to the list:

clear bumper lense
clear corner lamp
front strut bar
red-out taillight

anything else i can purchase? if not ebay, then can anyone point me to a vendor? thanks
www.ctmotorsport.com

www.procarparts.com

www.autodynamic.com

http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/

nopi has an AEM short ram for gen 3's cheap...but i dont know what engine you have...and i havent really seen them on any camry's....anybody got one????

check out those

edit: ebay is always good too though

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
^
Those are sites you need. Keep in mind, no good mod is free.

Keep with your ideas. A front strut bar is a perfect place to start :thumbup:

maggotdecay: Don't get mad. He asked for advice. He wants to know what places people have gone to. He never said "go search for me". So calm down man:)

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,955 Posts
nadir said:

clear bumper lense
clear corner lamp
front strut bar
red-out taillight

hold off on those lenses cause you might end up not liking them so wait till some one here sells theirs.

i think there is a way to remove the amber from those but not sure.

front strut bar i agree is an excelent first start but consider getting a rear sway bar from whiteline i've heard it's the best upgrade so far.

as for the tails you can do a search on "candy apple red" and you'll get a couple of threads that will show you how to do it yourself:thumbup:

welcome to the dakside:D

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
what excatly are you trying to red out tho? seeing as how you have a 96 that would be a gen3.5 i'm assuming that little red part for the turning signal?

strut bar is a nice upgrade.

intakes and exhasts should go hand in hand. I personally see it as pointless to just get one. If you get an exhast your not letting your car breathe better becasue its just exhailing bigger. if you get an intake and exhast your can breathe better because its a bigger inhale and a bigger exhale. Just my 2 cents really.

turning signals (bumper lights) are something good to do. But as for the corners i'm not sure about that one. like someone said before just wait for someone here to sell them. if not those vendors get them off ebay.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
If you have a 5 spd maxima, I wouldn't even bother ith anything performance related at all regarding the Camry. Especially since it is a 4cyl. A 5sfe 3rd gen is garbage as far as performance is concerned. And doing anything to try and make it not garbage would be better put to use on a more capable starting point like the Nissan. Truthfully, if I was you, I would say F the Camry and just work on the Maxima.

If you do anything to it, just make it look decent with some rims, better suspension, tint. Maybe the things you were talking about and a muffler just for looks and so it sound a little better. Maybe just make the Camry an audio car/cruiser. You could go for a bodykit also but your money would be better spent on the Nissan IMO.

·
Registered
96 maxima SE 5-spd
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heh thanks for the advice. actually, i bought everything that i wanted for the maxima already... actually have a 2nd intake system on it's way to switch between seasons lol. This is not my car.. it is my brother's who will be taking it down for college. I just wanted to get the least expensive mods out of my pocket. the clear lense was good just because i hate amber and some suspension mods like the FSTB or the RSB. I'm not spending money to mod this car... my brother is, but then again he doesn't know much so i told him i'd look around and get some good info. This is plenty, and i relaly appreciate everyones feedback.

I posted my latest situation on the car in the general forum... basically, when transfering the titles, we're having issues and might not end up with this car at all :(

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Okay, I see. Well if he ever decides that he must make the car fast. There is really only one choice as far as high quality reliable setups. That is the rippmods supercharger system.

·
Registered
386 Posts
SmokingTiresV6 said:
^
Those are sites you need. Keep in mind, no good mod is free.

Keep with your ideas. A front strut bar is a perfect place to start :thumbup:

maggotdecay: Don't get mad. He asked for advice. He wants to know what places people have gone to. He never said "go search for me". So calm down man:)
Sorry if anyone took offense. I've been having trouble with my insurance and I've been stressed, I tend to be snappy with people lately.

By the way, I had a Apex'I worldsport cat back on my Accord, it was super quiet with a slight growl in the high rpms and some real "felt" power gains, even for an I-4. I highly suggest it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts