Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 99 Camry LE 4 cylinder which had 32K miles on it. I now have 47K miles on it and would like to clarify some maintenance items:

1. The manual did not say anything about the timing belt. Is that a 90 K?

2. I did not see anything about the auto transmisson fluid & Coolant replacement. what is the interval on those? With my old accord, I just drain the auto tran fluid through a magnetized bolt and fill it up. Or is this a job for AAMCO?

3. Break fluid replacement?

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
buy yourself a haynes or chiltons manual... or if you feel like spending, a factory toyota service manual. :)

for the record, you coolant interval should be 2-5 years, depending on what type of coolant was used.

·
Registered
48 Posts
90K timing belt change interval sounds about right to me for a '99. For my '96 the interval is supposed to be 60K. Do a search.

Like the other guy said, if you are using the Toyota red coolant, it's approximately 5 year change interval. If you use the cheaper green stuff, it's 1-2 years.

For ATF changes, every 25K - 30K. There are numerous opinions about whether or not the service involves (1) drain & refill (2) pan drop/filter replacement (3) flush (4) or some combination of the above. Do a search and figure out what works for you.

Drain & refill should be exactly the same as your Accord. Open up the drain plug w/ a 10 mm hex bit. Fill through dipstick hole.

Brake fluid replacement? I flush whenever it gets brown, which is approximately 2 years for where I live.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts