Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought last weak a WEAPON-R® - Neo-Ti Finish Secret Weapon Air Intake System (Corola S)
when i was driving my check engine light turn on the code is p0101. so i bought a new air mass sensor and still my light is on. Can someone tell me what to do.
i have a toyota corolla s 08

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hmm did you reset code by unplugging ground for 10 mins and did you hook up the smaller hose to it too? check maf plug for any corrosion or dirty contacts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already unplug the ground cable like 2 times the light was gone then i was driving back from work and it turn it on again.
i bought a mass air flow cleaner it does the same thing

·
Registered
41 Posts
so you have a new MAF sensor right? unplug sensor again and double check its connectors. Did you unplug anything else while you did that? I know theres a blue 2 pin connector somewhere to forgot what it goes to but i know its in the way of an aftermarket one. double check wires to maf too

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah
yesterday i took it to the auto shop and i think they just erase the light but just like 2 hrs ago it turn it back on and now i dont know what to do

·
under your car
38 Posts
MD's suggestion is good so you can rule out the intake. My personal experience was I used one of these (just weapon R) for a month, put the air box back on, and sold it for half the cost. No codes but the car was hesitating to start, when I put the oem intake back in the problem disappeared.

That's the free way, but maybe this person's solution will help? PCV valves are no more than $10 from dealers, and very easy to install. You could clean it and try that, but they're really cheap if you decide to replace it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
zythr
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing