Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. i realy like thsi place its my new hang out but anyways the question i have is does anyone know the the biggest tire you canfit on a stock toyota pickup. its a 1988 btw.also was wondering if anyone knew how much lift you could do on the realend if itwith out changeing the ponion angle. i am looking into a 2 inch block and cranking up the tortion bars a little to get me a little higher in hte air. if anyone has done this could you please let me know if it work or how well it worked.

·
Registered
99 Taco
31 Posts
I had a 91 4x4 that I did just that on. I put 2" blocks in the back and had the torsion bars turned up to lift the front an inch or so. I ran 31X10.5 All Terrain T/A's under it and was very happy with it. I wanted to run 33x11.5's but was warned that the tires would rub badly if i was not very carefull.

·
Registered
99 Taco
31 Posts
Are you taking it off roading? If so stay away from alluminum blocks!!! They have a little hole in the bottom and a nipple on the top that keeps everthing alligned. I had the missfortune of shearing the nipples off on a nasty accidental downhill sideways slide and almost lost my rear end compleetely. Go to a metal fab shop and get steel blocks. have them drill them out the right hole size and cut a peice of round stock the same diameter and 2"long. when you put the block on the shock plate drop the round stock in the hole and the nipple on the shock plate will keep the round stock pushed up the right height for it to go into the hole in the leaf springs. Sorry though I do not remember the diameter needed for the round stock.

·
Sleeping While Awake
94 Posts
For 1st and 2nd gen 4Runners and trucks you can safely fit 32x11.5s with little or no rubbing and no lift. if you want to go bigger by just a tad, get a one inch body lift from rodger brown.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts