Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Still got love 4 the AE92
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm hooking up 2 10" subs and a 450watt amp that my friend gave me. Now I'll admit, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to car audio, but I know what I'm doing. Here's my problem: I have power going to the amp, but no sound from the subs. Everything's hooked up, I've got the turn on lead going to the deck, and my friend said they worked fine for him. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

·
Registered
392 Posts
If your positive about everything the sub is blown. You get a tester I forgot what it is called exactly but send a signal to the speaker if the speaker is good it will move if it's blown nothin will happen. You can even go to a shop and ask them to do it. Then you can get a new set if the price is right.

·
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I got one side working. There's 2 tweeters in the box too and they don't work on the one side just like the sub. Its like the box was split in half and only one side works. :confused:

Fuses are good, but I don't think it could be blown... my friend said he had it working no problem.

·
I get angry when Im sober
1,858 Posts
if the sub is blown it should still move unless its frozen... probably just set things wrong on the amp or perhaps your wires in the box disconnected.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Stealth said:
if the sub is blown it should still move unless its frozen... probably just set things wrong on the amp or perhaps your wires in the box disconnected.
Exactly what I was gonna say. Odds are if it were blown you'd hear it. Sounds like your sub isn't getting power. How are your speakers wired to your amp? Is it a two channel or mono or bridged? And check all fuses/connections.

·
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I narrowed it down to something within the box. I re-did all the wiring going from the amp to the subs and that's what got the one sub working. I'm thinking that a wire just fell off inside.

·
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem solved. I took it over to my friend's place and he bridged the two subs and just got rid of the tweeters. Sounds nice... I'm glad I got it working. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
392 Posts
well if you use the tester it usually doesn't move at all. But i was saying if he is sure that everything is connected correctly. I meant the sub would be blown in an ideal situation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts