Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went down to Myrtle Beach National Sound Pressure League meet in hopes of maybe placing and gaining some points for the finals in late August. To this point I had been doing the majority of the local shows and doing reasonably well. However, this weekend they held their National meet at the Myrtle Beach track and from what I was told it's always huge. When I got there around 9 there was already 30 or so cars signed up for the audio competition. Let's just say they stopped metering around 7:30. Boy was it a long day. However, I somehow pulled 1st place in my category (0-24 Consumer/AKA: 2 12s or below costing $250 or less), and with that I become the 2002 national record holder for my category in the NSPL. I know I am not the loudest car competing, but I am in the thick of it. Was a lot of fun and definately a happy suprise. Oh...heres a few pics. The first is of me waiting to be metered...nervious as he&#! The other is of me waiting in line to be metered. By this point I had been waiting maybe 30/40 minutes...boy that was not a fun wait.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tmanana on 2002-05-06 15:42 ]</font>

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Well in this league they use a LinearX computer program and mic to determine your DBLs. Basically a mic stand it placed in a specific spot in your car. In my case (for legal competitions) it is placed where the windshield and dash meet. I usually use hertzs notes and "burp" certain tones that tend to produce the best results for my car and applications. You have 30 seconds to get your loudest numbers. Thats about as simple as it gets...but yet its much more difficult then buying subs and an amp. Theres a lot of numbers involved...and hell a lot of trial and error as well. But I can tell you this, once you try it for the first time, you are very much hooked.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much Phi....oh don't worry I was on cloud nine! It has been constant tinkering since my first show in September. Still not there....going to redo my boxes this weekend. Think I will make a monster box for the remaining audio shows, then return to my clean setup for everyday use. I might as well get a Home Depot card...lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
hey shawn if u going to neshow next time can u tell mee where they gonna do it cuz i missed it all the time im from charlotte too

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey...I'm actually not Shawn....Toby here....but I've met Shawn a few times...really nice guy. He drives a tan 4th gen. Camry. I think we should all try to organize a get together or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts