Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came out of the store with some coworkers, and one of them noticed a nice door ding on the passanger access door.:wtf: I haven't even had the truck 2 weeks, and some ass dings my truck and takes off. gonna cost 60-100 bucks to fix. then was nearly rear ended by a caddie pulling out of the spot behind me...... I don't think I'll go to that store anymore. :headbang:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Where did this happen? So I can avoid that parking lot!

rudy0027 said:
Came out of the store with some coworkers, and one of them noticed a nice door ding on the passanger access door.:wtf: I haven't even had the truck 2 weeks, and some ass dings my truck and takes off. gonna cost 60-100 bucks to fix. then was nearly rear ended by a caddie pulling out of the spot behind me...... I don't think I'll go to that store anymore. :headbang:

·
Registered
137 Posts
i feel you on this. someone either keyed or carelessly walked by my truck with a bag or something cuz i have 4 scratches that are each over a foot and a half long on my driver side rear (next to the TRD stickers). i almost had a heart attack but no one was around so it was pointless getting mad. it looks fixable...i hope...so we'll see what happens.

good luck getting that fixed :disappoin

·
Registered
52 Posts
I feel your pain man. The day after I put my license plate on I noticed some unusual rubbing sounds coming from the front wheel. Turned out I was hit in my own garage (apartment) and the bumper was smashed in on the drivers side. Needed a whole new bumper and the front left flare had to be replaced. The fix took extra long because they didn't have the 2006 parts list out yet. Total cost, $1,250. I had a suspect but he moved. Bastard!

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
rudy0027 said:

Yep got one 2 week after having my truck in the SAME SPOT lol WTF :eek: I know the feeling

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
This is why I always park the furthest away in any parking lot I go to. I'd rather walk the extra 100 feet, rather then come back and find out some prick put a big ass ding in my truck.

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
I know exactly how you feel.

I have a big gash and a dent with a scratch in the direct center of it. The gash looks very much like someone hit it with their door. It looks like a cone on its side. Like the door made initial contact and they pushed the door open harder and more of the door made contact. Then it appears like they opened their door again and put a nice dent about five inches closer to the front.

Of course I didn't notice either on the silver paint until I got close to wax it. :cursin:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Bigblue said:
This is why I always park the furthest away in any parking lot I go to. I'd rather walk the extra 100 feet, rather then come back and find out some prick put a big ass ding in my truck.
I've tried parking far away from other cars in parking lots, only to find that it makes you a target for loose carts that tend to gather up alot of speed as they roll right into your truck. If you park in the crowded section of the lot, the cars next to you protect you from rolling shopping carts, but then you're vulnerable when people open their doors too fast and slam them into your truck. It's a no-win situation. The worst I ever saw was in a WalMart parking lot once when some a-holes in an old beater pickup deliberately plowed into a bunch of carts and sent them flying. The carts must have hit at least 10 cars.

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
I use to work at Kmart and I know how much damage a run away cart can do first hand. I was the poor bastard that would have to go get them. I have to agree with TacoNick on it being a no-win situation. Your best bet is finding a spot where only one person can park next to you. Try to find this place where there's a really nice car. Most times people with nicer cars are more careful on how they get in and out of their vehicles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
have had that experience on other vehicles, so once i got my taco, i started parking way further out, and i also hog two spaces.... so far, so good.;)

·
Registered
05 Tacoma Acc
246 Posts
Well what do u expect when u are anywhere near hillborrito! Sorry to hear the bad news:( To bad you didnt have an alarm on it so when they hit it u could have ran out the store and slammed ur foot into there door and asked them! I was at OHSU and this fuckin girl is parked right next to me... I was sittin in my truck waitin for my bro to get off work... This bitch walks up next to my truck on the pass side and she doesnt see me... So she opens her door and Wham she fuckin hits my godamn door! I got out as she started her car up and looked for any mark on my door couldnt seee anything at the time cuz it was dark and rainy (oregon for ya) but i fuckin stared that cunt down so hard! All i wanted todo was put my foot in her door and ask how she likes gettin her car fucked up? Wow im gettin heated just tlakin about it! I need a beer:disappoin

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
Bigblue said:
I am 1 year into this truck and I CAN SWEAR ON MY LIFE THAT I HAVE NEVER PARKED IN BETWEEN 2 CARS WITH THIS TRUCK.

I HAVE NO DENTS ANYWHERE.

I learned my lesson with my old Jeep. That shit had over 14 dents.

I avoid stores that are crowded, I make my own space at school and I drive other cars if I can.

Some dings scrape paint off and then you are fucked!

You park in between 2 cars, you will get a dent eventually. No one cares about their cars.

Mochedda: Dude same thing happened to me in my old beater Honda. I got out and REGULATED this old lady and told her she was fat bitch. I also told her to get out of here before I do something! She was terrified! I loved every minute of it! People need to learn their lesson. If we did this shit to them they would be pissed off too!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep got one 2 week after having my truck in the SAME SPOT lol WTF :eek: I know the feeling
Dude, that is almost the EXACT spot :eek:

As for run away carts, I worked at a cosco, and saw one catch a little wind, damn thing out ran me and hit a car. no damage though.

I almost didn't park there, and was thinking of parking farther out. Looks like I should have. :headbang:

I am going to get it fixed tomorrow, and hopefully it will turn out ok. Was going to clay and wax it, hopefully still will.

As for the alarm, it goes in on Thursday. :disappoin

·
Registered
05 Tacoma Acc
246 Posts
rudy0027 said:
Dude, that is almost the EXACT spot :eek:

As for run away carts, I worked at a cosco, and saw one catch a little wind, damn thing out ran me and hit a car. no damage though.

I almost didn't park there, and was thinking of parking farther out. Looks like I should have. :headbang:

I am going to get it fixed tomorrow, and hopefully it will turn out ok. Was going to clay and wax it, hopefully still will.

As for the alarm, it goes in on Thursday. :disappoin
ya i put the alarm on same week i got my ride. next week the system went in.

·
Registered
222 Posts
SOMETIMES you hate people???. HAHA! Wait to you get to my age! Then you can forget the "sometimes" anymore!!

·
Registered
05 Tacoma Sport 4x4
1,025 Posts
I've got scratches all over the sides from off road excursions, and two dents near the back slider from big objects moving in the bed. I still hand wax 3 or 4 times a year. And I still park away from others, whenever possible... But at work, I face same ife delema. Usually I park next to the new Tundra, BMW, or WRX, guys who care about there rides. Haven't had a dent in years, at least from a door wacking...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
demoncleaner, scratches that I put in, enjoying my truck for what its made for don't bother me, it asses that don't care enough about other peoples stuff that really gets me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts