Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my car painted 2/3 weeks ago and yesterday my hood wouldn't close, so i call a body shop guy and he told me to bring it in tomorrow.. so i tied it down and left for work.... i drove down my street and when i got up to 40mph, the string broke, flew up and cracked my windshield:headbang:.. i was so scared, i hit the brakes and the car slid. the hood wouldn't go back down so i drove back home with the hood still up (luckily no cars where coming)... when i got home i had to force it back down... here are some pics....

Before:
*ohhhh,ahhhh*

After:

...the question now is... should i put a carbon fiber hood on now or another OEM hood?... where can i find a good/inexpensive carbon fiber hood (besides ebay)?.. thanks

... so long to my ipod for christmas :disappoin

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Isn't it the shop's fault? They need to pay if it was caused by them.

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Sorry to see the damage bro. I had my CF hood fly up on me and I know how you feel. If you get a CF hood have some good hood pins installed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
BigChrisP said:
I just got my car painted 2/3 weeks ago and yesterday my hood wouldn't close, so i call a body shop guy and he told me to bring it in tomorrow.. so i tied it down and left for work.... i drove down my street and when i got up to 40mph, the string broke, flew up and cracked my windshield:headbang:.. i was so scared, i hit the brakes and the car slid. the hood wouldn't go back down so i drove back home with the hood still up (luckily no cars where coming)... when i got home i had to force it back down... here are some pics....

Before:
*ohhhh,ahhhh*

After:

...the question now is... should i put a carbon fiber hood on now or another OEM hood?... where can i find a good/inexpensive carbon fiber hood (besides ebay)?.. thanks

... so long to my ipod for christmas :disappoin
How much did you spend on the paint job. Thinking of getting mine done.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
talk to the shop to pay for repairs, if they refuse...go CF route!

·
Registered
452 Posts
damn.......... that suck man. Fortunatelly, you are safe and sound now. Sorry about your windshield.

I agree with the cf hood suggestion.

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
How fast were you going for the hood to "fly up" like that?? wenever the hood isnt latched, you shouldn't be doing over 10mph....crawling..!!

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
yeah man that sucks...been there! except about 6 months ago, right BEFORE (instead of after) my first paint job, the aftermarket hood flew up cause i didn't have a chance to install the saftey latch, so it was kinda my mistake, but it flew up and busted my hood shocks, and broke my windshield more than it already was (cause it was broken previously because of the wreck i got in).

that really stinks though, i hope everything goes alright..my new windwhield was like $300 with instalation, hope everyting works out man.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I spent (grandparents spent) $1000 on it and it included, body work (dents and all), two new door handles (two back doors) and and paint job... now all i need to get fixed is my front passenger window (i hear something working, but the window wont go up or door).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts