Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
Just wanted to show off and somewhat show the DIY steps on how to install an RS3200 vip alarm system on an Echo. Recently, I was lucky enough to find a junkyard echo with an ultra rare, RS3200 system installed with it. I painstakingly pulled it off the car and transferred it to my Echo RS HB.

Here's what you need to know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
First off you're going to need a key like this!

I don't know if this is 100% true, but if you have the one exactly like this one but without the led at top, it will not work. That kind of key is only compatible with oem alarm systems.

Programming the key:

This is what you're going to need.

The wires sticking up are for the security indicator light and GBS(glass breakage sensor) mic. The indicator which can also be seen on the top right, could not be removed from its clips, thus I had to cut it.
The wires that I am holding is the antenna. It is usually grey on most rs3200s but this one was green with a red stripe.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Passenger side.

Driver side.

Piezo buzzer spliced with the harness.

Piezo buzzer installed in the engine compartment. Wires go through the wiring firewall.

I know this is a crappy write-up and it doesn't show all the steps, but If you guys have any questions, I'll try my best to answer them!

·
Registered
29 Posts
So is this what you got when you optioned remote power locks at the dealer?

My RS has a "normal" Viper without any Toyota branding on it (don't know where in its life that was installed)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So is this what you got when you optioned remote power locks at the dealer?

My RS has a "normal" Viper without any Toyota branding on it (don't know where in its life that was installed)
This would have been an option that you could have had back in the day. It would be in the range of a $1000. I had the system pulled off of a junk yard echo, so this did not originally come with the car. Also powerlocks came standard on echo hatchbacks. Viper alarms and aftermarket immobilizers were common dealer ports as well, so chances are, the viper was dealer installed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sweet write up a much needed, will be doing this eventually if I can find a rs3200 system...

I'm still confused about the echo I saw on craigslist that had the factory alarm system with manual locks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts