Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been planning to do some sound deadening for quite some time. But when my Gen3 was broken into and the radio was stolen it gave me all the reason I needed to do the job. The dash was ripped apart leaving me no choice but to replace the ENTIRE dash board. Check out what those MFs did!

I took it as salt on the wound.

So this weekend I decide to get started on my project. I took the dashboard out and started taking out all the seats, carpet and trim. What you see below is the bare cabin.

After speaking with the good ppl at Elemental Designs I jus placed an order for 250 sq. ft. of V1-SE and 3 gallons of V3. That's 2 layers of v1SE and as many coats as 3 gallons will get me.

There was this guy who did the same thing for his Maxima using Second Skin products.
http://www.secondskinaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818

His undertaking was MASSIVE and inspired me to follow suit. This guy ordered 550sqft of sound deadening to do his car. I'm hoping with a superior product I will not have to do so much (edead v1SE is superior right!?).

I'm going to do a few mods before I deaden. Install my short shifter, camera, and wiring.

Then its on!

I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
811 Posts
could you possibly email me some shots of the passenger side vent by the door mins not working and i would like to see where the tubes go so that i could mabey try to fix it if im not lazy e- mail: mikeb55121(at)comcast.net

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
reminds me of when i saw alex's camry over the summer... that dash is a disaster behind all that nice plastic lol! good thing we pretty much never see it haha

best of luck, hopefully you will be able to withstand an mtx jackhammer afterwards ;)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Weight is ~140lbs (according to the shipping manifest) and price with 20% forum discount is $530. That's 250sqft v1SE, 3 gallons of v3 and a roller. The kid has a lot to do. I'll post picks of the goods as soon as it gets here.

·
The Cool Guy
Toyota Camry 02
2,564 Posts
Man that really sucks about your headunit man. did you have an alarm and stuff? i can't believe people would do that though. You'd think that once technology grows and grows, there is still crime. it sucks!

deadening the car? wow. i'd put my anger and frustration out on something too.....yours is constructive :thumbup:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Got my shipment in today. Also went to Lowes to get some last minute supplies for this weekend.

All in all, v1SE is pretty thin stuff. I haven't taken a look at the v3 but I am already determined not to paint my whole car with a little silly brush. I went and got different size rollers for the big flat areas like the floor, trunk and ceiling. I'll use the brush for all the hard to reach places. I also picked up some Good Stuff sealant. I got the idea from a Ford F150 commercial were they had some kind of strip inside the frame of the truck. When they heated it, it expanded and effectively deaded the frame from vibration. I figured I give it a shot and see.

Can't wait. I'm starting bright and early with the trunk for practice. By the time I hit the cabin I should have the hang of it.

·
Registered
01 camry
149 Posts
that looks pretty good... have u thought about liquid deadner? u are gona end up using roughly 100sqfeet in the trunk alone... and doors around 60sqfeet. thats what i did to my camry. have fun.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts