Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, today the outside temperature is at 33°C .... i have drive a lot today on the A/C and in the end of the day ... a little sound come from the engine bay ... and this sound follow the RPM ... (if the rpm is high ... the sound too). I chek my heat needle and it is at 0.3 inches from the red line ... i have parked my car for 30 minutes .... after i have turned off my A/C and ... drive 5 min for test ... and the sound was not present ....

You have an idea of the origin of this sound ... what is the symptom of the engine overheat ??

Thank you
David

P.S.: 1500 km remaining before oil change

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like .. mmm ... you know what is the sound of the 3VZ-FE at neutral (2000-3000 rpm) .... this sound but 5X most loudly .... or an other example ... the rotation of a tire with a low air level ... this is this sound mix with a little high sound ... like a whistle.

I know, is not a clear description ... but this is the most i can do :(

Thank You

David

·
Traitor
332 Posts
dstlaurent said:
like .. mmm ... you know what is the sound of the 3VZ-FE at neutral (2000-3000 rpm) .... this sound but 5X most loudly .... or an other example ... the rotation of a tire with a low air level ... this is this sound mix with a little high sound ... like a whistle.
I kinda understand what you are saying but I dont know anything about that...anybody else?????

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Looks like you are overheating?

How is your coolant level?

If good, check to see its flowing.

If its not, the sound you hear might be your water pump

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
could be air in the cooling system try this, while at idle turn the ac off ant turn the heat knob to the highest setting, if you hear water flowing youve got air in your cooling system

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How i remove air from my coolan system ?

David

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
make sure you have plenty of coolant and drive around with the heat knob on highest setting for a little bit, it will dissappear in a few days, note you dont have to have the heat blowing, just turned on to maximum setting

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, i have do this, and when i have turned the temperature at "hot" i have eared a "water" sound ... during 5 seconds ... what's you say about that ???

Thanks
David

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
yeah sounds like airs in your system keep the heater control on hot while you drive it, and make sure theres plenty of coolant so it wont draw more air into the system

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you .... now my cam is okay ... the temperature needle stay under the "middle". And the level of coolan is in the middle of the tank ... between the FULL and LOW ... thank you for your reply :)

David

·
TN's Resident Goddess.
2007 Camry SE
6,090 Posts
Ah...interesting...does that sounds also pertain to a/c? i noticed my coolant was a tad low...probably an inch above the low line. sound the same?

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
glad i could help =)

Lauren could you be more specific, what about a/c? and if your coolant is low you can always get it topped of, most places will do it for free

1 - 15 of 15 Posts