Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this morning my battery light came on and a strange sound was coming from the motor - see this video to hear the sound:
Does someone know what it is, thanks!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Battery light on, whine from engine bay. Uh, Alternator? Take off belt and see if noise stops and spin alternator by hand to see how it feels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I went to the garage today and it seems that it is the alternator, it doesn't make any noise anymore but the battery light is on and my battery was dead when I arrive at the garage. I'm looking to have it replaced, I will let you know if the problem fixes. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
new alternator

Yes, I went to the garage today and it seems that it is the alternator, it doesn't make any noise anymore but the battery light is on and my battery was dead when I arrive at the garage. I'm looking to have it replaced, I will let you know if the problem fixes. Thanks!

Just returned from local mechanic -- I had read that it might be alternator problems -- and it was. I have a 2007 4-runner and the mechanic told me it was the original alternator, so I reckon I got my money's worth. Flashing lights on my dashboard for almost 2 years -- nobody could pinpoint it. Finally, the battery light came on, so I knew that -- it was serious. Not as bad as I thought. An alternator that old deserves to be replaced.

Now, if I could just get the tire pressure light to go away. :x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts