Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i brought a pioneer head unit RRP $600 that was last years model for $350 NEW. from a Aus shop called Autobarn, they installed it into my 94 csi ltd edition hatch. i replaced the front 4" speakers with Sony explod's and now it dont put out any sound at all. I went into Autobarn and asked them about it, and they said it would be a shorted wire, or a fried IC Chip! should i get them to do all the re-wiring or do it my self and see if i can get it to work? or leave it all to them?

what i set out to ask in the 1st place was... Is it hard to re-wire all the speakers? I cant get out my cd player because when they installed it they kept the little keys you need to get the head unit out. will i be able to get to my headunit without taking my dash out?

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
as for the wiring... if they did it and they didnt work from the start, its their responsibility to fix it.. free! If it is the unit, it should still be under its 12 month warranty right?

as for wiring it yourself, its not that hard.. if they did it right there is no need to re-run all of the wires, just use the factory ones at each end.

To get at the stereo.. all you need to do is take out the two screws under the A/C control, but above the centre (open) console, prise that away, but dont remove completely. that bit will then just pull away, unplug the Demist and Hazard switches and A/C switch if u got it, then remove. That should reveal the four srews that hold it on.. remove them and your into the stereo.. no need for the key to remove it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
will this removal mothod work on a 92" shape corolla? and i cant find the docket proving that i brought it! but i havent asked if they will do it if im still on the books for having it installed by them.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
i coulda sworn u had a '94... which is the same shape as the 95, but it should be similar on the '92 shapes... the stereo is still held on by 4 screws, just a matter of finding how to remove the panel in front of it... i forget what they look like so i cant remember how to get them off, though i have done it many times..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have a 94 model but it is a ltd edition of the shape that stoped being made in 92

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
ok.. musta missed that one here in WA... got pics of interior/exterior? may be able to help you out if i can remember what they look like.. (when it comes to things like interiors i have a memory like a sieve)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it gets hard when ordering parts for it coz ppl order parts for the next body shape going of the year of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts