Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Newbbie
2004 Toyota Tacoma
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at some products online for soundproffing the cab of my truck a little better, but the prices are outrages. So couriously i went to Lowes to see if they sold enything and wouldent you no it they sell something similar. The stuff is made by frost king and it is basically shiney aluminum on on side with about 1/8 inch of foam on the back of the aluminum, its also has an addhesive backing like tape. Does anybody think it would be worth using it to use. I mean the stuff is used to insulate seams and block noice so i figure why cant it do the same for the cab of my truck. Suggestions wanted... Thanks

·
i am sherbasm
1994 pickup 4x4 xcab
121 Posts
when i replaced my carpet in my 94 ext cab i used roll out ice/weather barrier that my buddy 'found' for me when his apartment complex was getting new roof work done. i found that it worked really well and was super easy to use when warmed up some with a torch...i was working in 30-40* weather of winter.

I didn't get any weird tar smells or anything like that even in the summer when everything heated up.

·
Newbbie
2004 Toyota Tacoma
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i replaced my carpet in my 94 ext cab i used roll out ice/weather barrier that my buddy 'found' for me when his apartment complex was getting new roof work done. i found that it worked really well and was super easy to use when warmed up some with a torch...i was working in 30-40* weather of winter.

I didn't get any weird tar smells or anything like that even in the summer when everything heated up.
Did it have gray foam on it, if so then its the same stuff im thinking of. Also on a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being no difference and 10 being a major difference.

·
i am sherbasm
1994 pickup 4x4 xcab
121 Posts
nah, mine was like extra thick shingle. it was very rough on the top and had blue plastic covering the sticky underside. it works very well...never had anything in there but the stock carpet so i'd have to say it is a 10. I mean, i only did the floor and some of the inside of the doors and it's cut out a bunch of noise.

eventually i may go back and cover everything under the interior (back panels, roof, etc) but for now, i'm happy with it...and it was free :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts