Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Juggalo
06 Taco
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of putting the subs in front on a 2nd gen MR2? Do you think it would sound good? I know you can fit a 12 behind the seat but I wanted something bigger and it needs more room.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Why would you want to put 15's in an MR2.... you would be earless, windowless, and powerless. I have some 6x9's in the back of my car and it sounds fine. But if you want some real bass I would say get a 10.... maybe 2..... but I wouldn't go any bigger.

·
Juggalo
06 Taco
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm quite the Bass head. I want to put some Adire Tempest's or Adire Brahma's.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
I think you bought the wrong car if your a bass head. I guesse you could always just throw a couple 15's in the truck.... that's about the only place you could fit them.... unless you are like 4' tall. I would just put a 10... MAYBE 2..... it is a very small car.... I don't think you need anymore than that. One should be more than enough.

·
Boob
57 Posts
is it "cool" to have a lot of bass? personally, i like the music in my car to sound nice to me (not anybody out of my car), respectable bass.. sounds its powerful.. all that. getting huge bass is so others can hear it. "oh that guy is bumpin"... cool dude. your getting it for the wrong reason. trying to hard is what i think.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
^^i'm all for bass too..but it has to be contained within the car...not loud n booming as i'm driving by....my system in my AE86 coupe was perfect....u couldn't hear a thing from outside the car..only unless i opened the doors....we put so much sound dampening material in the trunk n doors to muffle sound....

in the mr2...its so difficult to get proper sound imaging and staging cuz our cabins are so small...and space is so limited...i'm happy with the stock 3-1 stereo...but i do miss the bass alot of the times......

·
Juggalo
06 Taco
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't mind put a pair of 12" behind the seats, but the sub I want (Tempest only comes in 15") required a lot of airspace. A minimum of 2 cubic feet, I want to put 4-5 cubes to 1 sub, and hoping to fit 2 subs in. (Also, the tempest is a SQ sub that hits hard that why I want it.) Thats why I was wondering if putting the subs in the front would sound ok. Cause in the trunk it's behind the engine a lot of the music will be overpowered by the engine. Or a Brahma which required less cubic feet, but costs a lot more.

·
Boob
57 Posts
any one size sub will give you enough bass without it overpowering the music. people just go overboard with it and forget why they are putting it in...

·
Juggalo
06 Taco
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
who would want an eclipse sub anyways? its all about adire.

·
Registered
23 Posts
a whaaah

what kind of sub is that ... never heard of it........ eclipse subs have power my friend had 2 12" and blew his ear drom or somthin. but now hes got a 15 H2 witha 2500 orian amp he's gonna go deaf

·
Juggalo
06 Taco
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very true MRQturbo. Everyone has a different opinion. I personally don't like how the Eclipses sound, but thats me. I actually want an Adire Tempest, but since those only come in 15" I might go with the Adire Brahma, which is louder with less airspace and watts, plus they come in 12's.

·
Registered
764 Posts
pfff
you dont need more than 2 pairs of Alpine Type-R in 6 and a half dude
thats gonna produce enough bass inside the 2 you wont even be running the speakers full power
besides, why would you want to make your car heavier?

·
Juggalo
06 Taco
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not to worried about the weight, I just like the bump.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts