Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys and gals, new to the forum so i thought i shout out and say gday.

i just wanted to know (people with 1992 MR2s or similar models) where the best place is to mount sound system equipment e.g. amp, sub (no bigger than 10") and where to mount splits in the cabin....

pics would be much appreciated... thanks

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
most ppls would get a small box made to house 8's or 10's and place them on the little "shelf" behind the seats...that way u can still store the t-roofs there.....if ur gonna use one box.....use the other side to house the amps......if not..then amps will have to go in the front trunk or in the rear trunk....the mr2 is so small in design its really hard to get creative with custom stereo setups...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok put the amp and sub aside for a second, what about the splits?

is there a specific position on the door or dash that would help increase sound qual. and reduce the severity of the tweeter?

im mainly looking for the most effective way of mounting speakers...

even info about what sizes are best in such a small cabin would be good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are there any links to similar threads to save you the trouble of repeating yourself?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hehe obviously not, cheers mate.:thumbup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a 91 MR2 with a PPI 2350 (yes the good ol' surfboard amp) mounted in the trunk running a JL 12" under the hood, Rockford 4ch amp mouted on firewall behind driver seat, and a Pioneer deck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
F*CK! how did it fit?

there isnt much room for such a big sub...did u cut a round hole in the firewall to fit it?? :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is there a way to reduce cabin noise from the engine, beside turning up the music?

any way of puttting sound deadening material?

i noticed the engine got a bit loud in the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
"F*CK! how did it fit?

there isnt much room for such a big sub...did u cut a round hole in the firewall to fit it??" :D

No, I bought a truck box, then "trimmed" about 3/8 off each side for a perfect fit!! Sounds great too. The passenger is a little crammed, but it's like that anyways!

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
ryman said:
is there a way to reduce cabin noise from the engine, beside turning up the music?

any way of puttting sound deadening material?

i noticed the engine got a bit loud in the car.
why would u want that??....i miss hearing the sound of the CT26 spooling up....i don't hear the t3/t4 as much....i've kept my stereo stock so far....i miss the bass though....this is the first car i've owned that did not have a booming system....i may do the stereo when i'm done with all the performance and cosmetic mods....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts