Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,415 Posts
Dealership Parts Websites are cheaper than the dealership themselves even though they are owned by the dealership. I don't trust Amazon and eBay enough for critical parts but am willing to get non-critical parts from them like body parts.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Vang: Do you have a website in mind?
I usually go here but I have had lucky buying certain parts from eBay from a dealer who was apparently down the street from me. Otherwise a majority of the parts I will buy will be from RockAuto. There are numerous Toyota Parts Websites out there.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Sport
190 Posts
I've been dealing with this dealer about 2 hours away. Most of the time I have them ship the parts. Sometimes I pick them up which is an even greater savings.

Another alternative is a foreign company (United Arab Emirates) which is legit but slow shipping. I've only done one order through them so far, a steering shaft, and I didn't have any issues. Would certainly use them again. Their parts diagrams are the best that I've found, usually better than the dealer websites.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I've been dealing with this dealer about 2 hours away. Most of the time I have them ship the parts. Sometimes I pick them up which is an even greater savings.

Another alternative is a foreign company (United Arab Emirates) which is legit but slow shipping. I've only done one order through them so far, a steering shaft, and I didn't have any issues. Would certainly use them again. Their parts diagrams are the best that I've found, usually better than the dealer websites.
I suspect they are probably the same USE seller that is on eBay. One thing I noticed with Toyota Parts Websites is that the diagrams were updated because I remember the diagrams (or website) being a bit easier to understand 4 years ago.

·
2004 Camry LE
Cars
721 Posts
I have been burnt by roachauto three times and that is the reason I always advise people against it.

Two months ago I canceled my Ebay account. You can see how "lucky" I am.

But two weeks ago I bought an oxygen sensor for my Subaru from the site https://www.carpartkings.com. Paid $107 dollars vs dealer' $216. And the shipping was free. Try this site if you want.

Good luck,
Sam

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I have been burnt by roachauto three times and that is the reason I always advise people against it.

Two months ago I canceled my Ebay account. You can see how "lucky" I am.

But two weeks ago I bought an oxygen sensor for my Subaru from the site https://www.carpartkings.com. Paid $107 dollars vs dealer' $216. And the shipping was free. Try this site if you want.

Good luck,
Sam
Just gotta know what to buy. Done over 15 orders from Rock Auto throughout the pass two years with no issue.

·
Registered
09 Tacoma
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rock Auto. Hmmm. Let me start. If you need one single pricey part, Rock Auto probably will have a good price and reasonable shipping charges IF IF IF you only buy that one part. But, Rock Auto will hose you with shipping sometimes. Let me explain. If you buy one part, you will have one shipping bill. You run into trouble as you buy more line items because if they have to ship brake pads from one place, you will pay to ship from there. Say you want to add oil filters and they come from another warehouse. You will pay a shipping charge from that warehouse in addition. Now throw in a set of wiper blades, shipping from a third location. Guess what? A third shipping charge. So, watch what you buy.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Rock Auto. Hmmm. Let me start. If you need one single pricey part, Rock Auto probably will have a good price and reasonable shipping charges IF IF IF you only buy that one part. But, Rock Auto will hose you with shipping sometimes. Let me explain. If you buy one part, you will have one shipping bill. You run into trouble as you buy more line items because if they have to ship brake pads from one place, you will pay to ship from there. Say you want to add oil filters and they come from another warehouse. You will pay a shipping charge from that warehouse in addition. Now throw in a set of wiper blades, shipping from a third location. Guess what? A third shipping charge. So, watch what you buy.
Multiple warehouses has multiple Items, it can't be helped. Getting charged for shipping from Warehouse A, B, and C is not that big of a deal as long as I get the parts I need. If you know what to expect, then it is not a big deal. If you don't expect it, you gotta look at the paper work more.

·
Registered
09 Tacoma
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a big deal for me. I won't buy multiple parts from Rock for that reason, unless there is only a single shipping charge. Do as you wish, this is the way I do it. Don't feel like losing any savings to paying for multiple shipping charges. I "gotta look at the paper work more"? Don't think so. I think that is precisely the entire point of what I wrote. I looked at the paper work very closely and saw what I was paying in shipping.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
It is a big deal for me. I won't buy multiple parts from Rock for that reason, unless there is only a single shipping charge. Do as you wish, this is the way I do it. Don't feel like losing any savings to paying for multiple shipping charges. I "gotta look at the paper work more"? Don't think so. I think that is precisely the entire point of what I wrote. I looked at the paper work very closely and saw what I was paying in shipping.
You saw what you saw. It's your choice in the end. Rock Auto's been good to me and they have a selection of parts I am most likely to buy. Shipping is not big of a deal to me as long as I get it and because the shipping time is almost always surprisingly earlier than expected. My next selection of parts seller if I need it is my old shop and their contacts. My next selection would be one of may Toyota Parts Websites out there or even local. My next selection would be O'Reilly's because they are just down the street. My last selections would be eBay then Amazon because eBay has Toyota Part Websites as vendors and I try not to buy off of Amazon because I need to stop buying stuff online. Just go with who you want.

·
Registered
09 Tacoma
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You saw what you saw. It's your choice in the end. Rock Auto's been good to me and they have a selection of parts I am most likely to buy. Shipping is not big of a deal to me as long as I get it and because the shipping time is almost always surprisingly earlier than expected. My next selection of parts seller if I need it is my old shop and their contacts. My next selection would be one of may Toyota Parts Websites out there or even local. My next selection would be O'Reilly's because they are just down the street. My last selections would be eBay then Amazon because eBay has Toyota Part Websites as vendors and I try not to buy off of Amazon because I need to stop buying stuff online. Just go with who you want.
Thanks for the tips on conducting biz.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A lot depends on your location, I use McGeorge as my 1st stop to get an idea for the going price for an OEM part. I start by looking up the part at McGeorge to get the base price with shipping and start making comparisons from there.

If you take the time to research how the Intermotor and National brands sold by RockAuto, are often reboxed OEM, then you can really rack up some savings. Though it takes a little bit of time and research to completely understand the relationship between Tenneco (the parent company and Toyota supplier) and how Denso, Koyo, Aisin, and Aisan, brands are remarketed under the Intermotor and National brands.

·
Registered
452 Posts
You can get OEM parts from advance auto parts. They are not stocked in the store but can be ordered from world pack, usually in the store the next day for most parts. The best bet is to talk to the commercial manager, the regular counter people primarily sell the normally stocked parts.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks like they have posted some great places to buy. My two cents...buy aftermarket, it's cheaper and if you buy from great company they are usually well made.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Looks like they have posted some great places to buy. My two cents...buy aftermarket, it's cheaper and if you buy from great company they are usually well made.
Buy aftermarket on certain parts but not all parts. Spark plugs and O2 sensors, OEM. Window regulators and exhaust, aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
2008 Sienna LE
970 Posts
If you're talking about OEM (genuine Toyota) parts, there are multiple dealers out there. Others mentioned places like Olathe Toyota, Conicelli, and McGeorge, and they're good.

I live in North Texas, and I currently use Toyota of Dallas. Their prices are very good, and their local, so I can pick up parts and just have to pay sales tax, and not shipping.

In the past I've used Butler Toyota in Indianapolis (20 years ago), Metro Toyota in Cleveland, and Titus-Will Toyota in Tacoma, Washington (I bought tons of parts from Titus-Will).

When you're buying Toyota parts you have to pay attention to the parts prices and the shipping costs, too. You might find a dealer that has decent parts prices, but high shipping costs. You just have to shop around.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you have the Toyota part number, try punching that into the Amazon search bar. There are a lot of Toyota dealerships that sell OEM parts through Amazon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts