Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Texas,

Bought a 2018 TRD Sport this weekend and enjoying the wonderful ride. It came with 2 remotes and 1 stardard key (to open the door or tailgate). Where can I have another mechanical key made? Called a locksmith in Baytown, Texas and he wasn’t sure if he could do it. Any suggestions? Thank you

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do forgive a would-be 'liberal' approach to your situation, but I would be looking at the dealership (given that you bought there) where you negotiated your TDR ride.

Alternatively, if you did not do a dealership song & dance, what better time than now to negotiate future service maintence issues (be them as limited as they might be) - starting with a key. . .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello from Texas,

Bought a 2018 TRD Sport this weekend and enjoying the wonderful ride. It came with 2 remotes and 1 stardard key (to open the door or tailgate). Where can I have another mechanical key made? Called a locksmith in Baytown, Texas and he wasn’t sure if he could do it. Any suggestions? Thank you
You can find the OEM Toyota spare key online at https://www.toyotapartsprime.com/ at a cheap price. Just enter your VIN on the website to begin to look for the genuine spare Toyota key. Try looking for it in the Body/Lock Cylinder category.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
4 Participants
Gemini23
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing