Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I have 2011 Corolla LE with 209000 miles on it, only I drive the car and I always did the car service and oil change @ dealership, the car still running on stock spark plugs I didn't change it, There are no issues with the car. Is it too late will it damage the car engine or should I change spark plugs in dealership. Please let me know guys.

Thank you so much for your help.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Get them changed. I'm surprised the dealer hasn't told you that you need to get them changed 100,000 miles ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get them changed. I'm surprised the dealer hasn't told you that you need to get them changed 100,000 miles ago.
Dealership told me to change but i didn’t replace. But thank you so much for quick response.👍😀

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry, 2017 Toyota Camry, and many many more lol
288 Posts
My dad done the same thing we replaced his at 209,000 because he had forgotten about them lol and since I am a mechanic I do all the work to it and he said nah I don’t think it needs them so I finally made him buy them when the car got 209,000 on it lol and don’t let the dealership do it you will pay out the tail I work at the dealership lol it literally takes about 10 minutes to do and it’s simple to do make sure you have a 5/8 spark plug socket with the boot or you could break the plug like a few rookies at my shop did and a good long extension and ratchet don’t use power tools on it either it will break them also or cross thread it

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,880 Posts
You needed to change them at 120k miles! Just do it yourself since it is very easy.

Reactions: 75aces

·
Registered
09 Corolla Base 17 Camry SE
2,473 Posts
My dad done the same thing we replaced his at 209,000 because he had forgotten about them lol and since I am a mechanic I do all the work to it and he said nah I don’t think it needs them so I finally made him buy them when the car got 209,000 on it lol and don’t let the dealership do it you will pay out the tail I work at the dealership lol it literally takes about 10 minutes to do and it’s simple to do make sure you have a 5/8 spark plug socket with the boot or you could break the plug like a few rookies at my shop did and a good long extension and ratchet don’t use power tools on it either it will break them also or cross thread it
You need a 9/16 or 14mm spark plug socket

·
Registered
288 Posts
Dang working at the dealership I have only used 5/8 and 13/16 in the real old stuff but never seen that

·
Registered
09 Corolla Base 17 Camry SE
2,473 Posts
Dang working at the dealership I have only used 5/8 and 13/16 in the real old stuff but never seen that
I was surprised the 1st time I tried to change my plugs. My 5/8 won't even grip the plug.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,880 Posts
9/16 or 14? I have never seen a spark plug on either of those sizes
Really? It was one of the things I had to buy to change my plugs on my 2009 Corolla S. I had never seen a 14mm spark plug socket but I now have 2 of them, one magnetic and one with a rubber insert to hold the plug.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,880 Posts
I was surprised the 1st time I tried to change my plugs. My 5/8 won't even grip the plug.
That happened to me too, I was like WTF??? Did some research and found oud that the iridium plugs were 14mm.

·
Registered
288 Posts
That’s so weird I do remember one time it was either on a Toyota SUV or truck either a T100 or Tundra that I had to use a 3/4 spark plug socket but never used a 9/16 or 14mm one didn’t even know they made such a thing now the big thing is 18mm in everything nowadays for spark plugs so I guess that’s two more sockets to add with the several 13/16, 5/8, 3/4 and 18mm spark plug sockets that I already have lol always getting us to buy tools somehow

·
Registered
288 Posts
Really? It was one of the things I had to buy to change my plugs on my 2009 Corolla S. I had never seen a 14mm spark plug socket but I now have 2 of them, one magnetic and one with a rubber insert to hold the plug.
I’ll add those to the tool needs lol I talked to some guys at work and they said yeah we see them occasionally on the newer cars being that size I am usually doing more advanced work so I guess that’s why I never have seen them

1 - 20 of 44 Posts