Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,861 Posts
We put iridium NGK plugs in my dads Camry and they were 5/8
The Iridium plugs for the Corolla are 14mm. When I changed mine for my 2009 Corolla S I found this out. I don't have a Camry so I wouldn't know. I would love a Camry but since there is no manual offered I'll stick with the Corolla manual. :)

Reactions: AutoMechanic

·
Registered
63 Posts
I need to replace my plugs on my '10 Corolla LE in a few months. Are the NGK 4912 equivalent to the stock Denso plugs?

I believe on Paul's travel pics, he suggests that you can use the NGK 4912.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry, 2017 Toyota Camry, and many many more lol
233 Posts
The Iridium plugs for the Corolla are 14mm. When I changed mine for my 2009 Corolla S I found this out. I don't have a Camry so I wouldn't know. I would love a Camry but since there is no manual offered I'll stick with the Corolla manual. :)
They made manual Camrys up until 2004 look it up they are pretty rare though I seen one for sale about three months ago and had to look it up and it said they made manual until 2004 I much rather would prefer manual transmission in everything I only own 2 manual cars and they aren’t Toyota unfortunately

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,861 Posts
They made manual Camrys up until 2004 look it up they are pretty rare though I seen one for sale about three months ago and had to look it up and it said they made manual until 2004 I much rather would prefer manual transmission in everything I only own 2 manual cars and they aren’t Toyota unfortunately
This is true but I was referring to a new Camry. I love the looks of the SE/XSE but I won't buy an AT, maybe that's a good thing since it takes it off the board for me. I was really hoping that the TRD Camry would have a 6MT option. Maybe they will make a GR Camry with a 6MT. I'm thinking of getting a GR Corolla when they arrive if it's everything they say it might be.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry, 2017 Toyota Camry, and many many more lol
233 Posts
This is true but I was referring to a new Camry. I love the looks of the SE/XSE but I won't buy an AT, maybe that's a good thing since it takes it off the board for me. I was really hoping that the TRD Camry would have a 6MT option. Maybe they will make a GR Camry with a 6MT. I'm thinking of getting a GR Corolla when they arrive if it's everything they say it might be.
That would be cool

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
8,863 Posts
It'd be cool but you would be one of the few people to have one...

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,861 Posts
It'd be cool but you would be one of the few people to have one...
That would be even better. I don't like to follow trends, I prefer to march to the beat of my own drum. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
a manual camry would be too competitive/kill other segments. they cant do it. who would buy the FRS/supra then ?... the Automatic V6 is already quick, a manual would be too good :D

·
Registered
8,863 Posts
a manual camry would be too competitive/kill other segments. they cant do it. who would buy the FRS/supra then ?... the Automatic V6 is already quick, a manual would be too good :D
A manual Camry's wouldn't change much. It'd just be a niche in the market and Toyota Camry's are still a niche in the aftermarket and likely the automotive scene anyway in comparison to a FRS/86/BRZ. Have not heard much about the Supra. Feel like the NSX in that "not many" people talk about it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
isnt the supra also only in automatic form? Sorry for the lazy question, I checked and its only offered after market... guess you got to blow up the auto tranny first if you dont want to sell it... with the new supra, the transaxle fluid really is a lifetime one if your goal is to get a manual !

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,861 Posts
The Supra is only available with an AT. The Camry is also more Toyota so that would be cool for less money!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Dealership told me to change but i didn’t replace. But thank you so much for quick response.👍😀
I was looking to order spark plug but it says iridium copper Alloy. In description on amazon. But in owners manual it says iridium. Do you guys know any website where I can buy below is the model number it fit in 2011 Toyota Corolla.
DENSO SC20HR11 Spark Plug

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I have 2011 Corolla LE with 209000 miles on it, only I drive the car and I always did the car service and oil change @ dealership, the car still running on stock spark plugs I didn't change it, There are no issues with the car. Is it too late will it damage the car engine or should I change spark plugs in dealership. Please let me know guys.
Thank you so much for your help.
To listen to some of these posts, one would gather that it isn't even safe to start the car until the plugs are changed. It is no big deal, personally I would be interested to know what the plugs look like @ 250K. Either way, please post a close up picture of the lower end of the plugs....one day. Carry on....

·
Registered
8,863 Posts
Looks like Rock Auto has a Denso shortage, it happen to me too. Any of the Denso Iridium's will be be fine.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I have 2011 Corolla LE with 209000 miles on it, only I drive the car and I always did the car service and oil change @ dealership, the car still running on stock spark plugs I didn't change it, There are no issues with the car. Is it too late will it damage the car engine or should I change spark plugs in dealership. Please let me know guys.

The spark plugs are very easy to change. You just need a 10mm socket (and wrench), a 14mm spark plug socket and a socket extension. Also it's a good idea to use a bit of anti-seize on the threads of the new spark plugs. I personally prefer using a torque wrench to tighten them. This short video shows you how to do it:

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,861 Posts
I was looking to order spark plug but it says iridium copper Alloy. In description on amazon. But in owners manual it says iridium. Do you guys know any website where I can buy below is the model number it fit in 2011 Toyota Corolla.
DENSO SC20HR11 Spark Plug
This has been replaced by the Denso SC16HR11 which is one step hotter. It's supposed to help smooth out the rough idea some people experience.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can the NGK 4912 for the '10 LE? I believe these equivalent to stock Denso ones? Paul's Travel picture site also seems to recommend them.. Anyone used these?

·
Registered
2019 PRIUS LIMITED
13 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Yes, like everyone says, replace. It IS fairly easy to do yourself. Dont go cheap, GET Iridium plugs, they may last u another 200,000 miles! Maybe chek wires while doing them. Jst chek resistance, will let u know theyre all right.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts