Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 96 T100 is due for new plugs and wires......but i was reading somewhere, that it takes a "special" sparkplug??
can somebody inform me wich NGK plug i need to get? i thought i saw it somewhere but cant remember where, help is appreciated, id hate to screw up!

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, still unsure about this, can i go to the local autozone to buy the plugs and wires?? as long as i re-gap the dual electrode ngk's to the correct gap?? i always thought ya did that anyway, whether they came from autozone, or the dealership? lol
these plugs dont take a special wire do they??

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,751 Posts
Git the NGK BKR5EKPB-11... I found a set of 6 on eBay fer about $58 shipped...that's just over $9 each shipped. ;)

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bam, i may haveta use my truck this weekend, and right now, its runnin on bout 4 or 5 cylinders, its not good, so its parked until i get new plugs, gonna try to get up to autozone friday to get them, they have the standard ngks with the dual electrode in stock accordin to the site after i typed in zip code and everything, they didnt have the dual electrode nkgs in the laser though?? i may go over to oreiley's autoparts to see if they have them

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,751 Posts
The NGKs should already be gapped at .044 from the factory so you shouldn't have to regap unless you drop or bang them up.

Have you pulled any plugs yet to check their condition? Do at least that to minimize yer expenditures up front. Don't fergit to git some anti-seize fer the plugs while yer at it... ;)

Are you sure it's not something else with yer truck? Have you checked the codes (if any)? What's it doing? Check anything else? ;)

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have no code checking device, cant afford one lol, but yes, the sparkplugs are in bad shape

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,751 Posts
i have no code checking device, cant afford one lol, but yes, the sparkplugs are in bad shape
Psst...AutoZone/Advance Auto will check yer codes fer freeeeee... ;):D

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,751 Posts
lol i know this, but i dont have my license but only my permit right now, lol
Then have someone that has a license bring you and the truck over there to git it scanned... ;)

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol, i would but all the licensed drivers that could take me are either busy or not here, lol

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,751 Posts
lol, i would but all the licensed drivers that could take me are either busy or not here, lol
Man...do I gotta do everything fer yah? ;)

We have a bribe system called a cold beer/six pack to drive you over there. Yes...it's a cost but at least you'll git it done! :D

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol, im good man, i will get it done somehow, ever let some1 drive your truck who was used to a 4banger?? i did.....haha..a few blackmarks were layed, im guilty of spinning when i got it to, so yea i need new rear tires, haha, my baddddddd, lmao it was fun while it lasted

·
Registered
238 Posts
Man...do I gotta do everything fer yah? ;)

We have a bribe system called a cold beer/six pack to drive you over there. Yes...it's a cost but at least you'll git it done! :D
When I lived in Maine that's how we got everything done. Hell, A buddy helped me lay 800SQ ft of wood floor for a beer per square!

People in New York expect to get paid for stuff. it's very frustrating.

·
Registered
T100
6 Posts
Clutch bracket repair/ Spark plugs

I just got my new pedal bracket, Clutch M/C, slave and line and I'm ready to do some wrenching this weekend. I searched for a write up/ pics on replacing the bracket and I came up empty... is there one to be had??

Git the NGK BKR5EKPB-11... I found a set of 6 on eBay fer about
$58 shipped...that's just over $9 each shipped. ;)
I see these are listed for the 3.4L, what is the best NGK (or any band) plug for the 2.7L engine, can these(BKR5EKPB-11) be use in the 4cyl. ???

** Put my new 16" Tundra rims on w/ Kelly Safari Trex tires today... they looks nice on the "T" and it rides even better than before!!!:) Just some new shocks and it will be all gooood... any suggestions?

Mick
'95 2.7L RWD

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,751 Posts
I just got my new pedal bracket, Clutch M/C, slave and line and I'm ready to do some wrenching this weekend. I searched for a write up/ pics on replacing the bracket and I came up empty... is there one to be had??

I see these are listed for the 3.4L, what is the best NGK (or any band) plug for the 2.7L engine, can these(BKR5EKPB-11) be use in the 4cyl. ???

** Put my new 16" Tundra rims on w/ Kelly Safari Trex tires today... they looks nice on the "T" and it rides even better than before!!!:) Just some new shocks and it will be all gooood... any suggestions?

Mick
'95 2.7L RWD
According to the FSM, the correct plugs fer the 3rzfe (4 cylinder) engine is ND K16R-U or the NGK BKR5EYA plugs. Not sure how well it would like the dual electrode plugs or not. Gap should be set to 0.031 in (0.8mm).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts