Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone using for replacement spark plugs in their '13 Hybrids?

I typically use DENSO in all of my Toyotas. I got online and I got a quote of $65 for OEM unless I wanted to "go cheap and use Denso".

I haven't pulled mine yet, and I gotta think it has DENSO in it already, just wondering if being a hybrid they are anything special. I'm also seeing stories that AMAZON spark plugs have recently been cheap knockoffs, any comment on that?

·
Registered
257 Posts
What is everyone using for replacement spark plugs in their '13 Hybrids?

I typically use DENSO in all of my Toyotas. I got online and I got a quote of $65 for OEM unless I wanted to "go cheap and use Denso".

I haven't pulled mine yet, and I gotta think it has DENSO in it already, just wondering if being a hybrid they are anything special. I'm also seeing stories that AMAZON spark plugs have recently been cheap knockoffs, any comment on that?
I have a 2014.5 hybrid and the owners manual states use Denso FK16HR-A8. States the gap is 0.031". Also states use only iridium tipped spark plugs and do not adjust the gap.
I have not changed the plugs in my Camry but the manual is specific on the Denso and iridium tipped plugs. Now it makes me wonder if they come pre gapped since is says do not adjust the gap.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2014.5 hybrid and the owners manual states use Denso FK16HR-A8. States the gap is 0.031". Also states use only iridium tipped spark plugs and do not adjust the gap.
I have not changed the plugs in my Camry but the manual is specific on the Denso and iridium tipped plugs. Now it makes me wonder if they come pre gapped since is says do not adjust the gap.

They do come pregapped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts