Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at 72K on my imzfe 97 camry. I'm going for the DENSO PLATINUM plugs next week, Price per plug is $6.99.

My question is for the wire sets, these are my options:

* DOUBLE-SILICONE WIRESET w/ Unit Price: $39.99

OR

* BOSCH WIRESET w/ Unit Price: $54.99

All these prices were from Autozone, What would be you all recomendation, keeping in mind that i'm I am not s/c hence i'm not opting for the DENSO IRIDIUM plugs. Let me know your suggestions and your sources (if they are cheaper).

·
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
299 Posts
I like the Bosch wires cuz I can get 'em replaced no questions asked whenever cuz of the lifetime warranty. I've already replaced my set 4 times in the past 2 years...don't ask why...lol...

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
stock wires are pretty tiny...here is a comparison to the stock wires i had vs. the magnecor wires i have now just to give you an idea...you would be surprised how much more "zip" my engine seems to have...but that is just me & i baby my car :D

i also went with the Denso Iridiums :)

Keri

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would go denso iridium, but i think wifee doesn't need a s/c and hence she gets the denso platinums. Iridiums are great if your s/c'ed. Found out three sets of wires.....(two like indicated over)
* DOUBLE-SILICONE WIRESET w/ Unit Price: $39.99

OR

* BOSCH WIRESET w/ Unit Price: $54.99

OR
Something i found at O Riley Autoparts...its OEMC (never heard of such a brand) for $39.99

Mind you all of these three options over have lifetime warranty...so what do you suggest of three..or suggest what you got, and where i can get it...

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Don't go with Bosch wires, I just had a horrible problem with them. 2 of the seals got stuck around the plugs themselves (on a 4 month old set of wires) and caused me about 6 hours of frustration, as the one seal broke in half in there.

For the money you pay for the Bosch wires, you could far more easily get NGK's.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone for their help & brainstorming. I'm going ahead with toyota wires. I would go with denso-iridiums w/ magnecores if i were s/c or had plans to have any kind of engine mods. I will call the dealership tomorrow to see if they can beat the deals trdcamry2003 listed.

BTW: trdcamry2003 nice new signature! (we can see your car better now :p: )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts