Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't found anything about Nology Hotwires on their MKII.

So what are your opinions about buying a set of these? Is there a noticable throttle response ie. horsepower? What spark plugs mesh well with these wires and other info such as this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks felluz

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
agreed that stock is best...had a set of msd wires that had to be modified to fit....but switched back to stock ones......

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well considering I have a NA, 400+ seems a bit out of reach.....hell 200 whp is outta range without spending some mad cash on a swap or a turbo kit. Honestly, simple bolt-on mods are all i have in mind considering i'll be buying a new car in the near future and using my mkII as my commuter car.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
ignition wires won't really give u any more HP......like kev suggested...save ur money and go with OEM wires...not worth the extra money to get aftermarket ones.....spend ur money elsewhere.....

·
Registered
101 Posts
trd wires

i just bought a set of trd wires for the 3s-gte yesterday havent put them on yet because of a valve cover oil leak im fixing on sat and sun when the gaskets come in but i'll post if i think there is any difference in performance with the trd wires..

·
I love Cin
91 Turbo MR2
2,312 Posts
You should notice a difference in performance if your old wires have any real length of time on the car. You would notice this same increase with a set of new Toyota wires.

The only difference between the TRD wires and the regular Toyota wires is the hoops at the top of the stems that make pulling the wire off of the plug easier.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well guys, you've convinced me. OEM it is. now does anyone know a website or shop that sells them at a decent price. The dealership close to where i live charges an arm an a leg for everything....those bastards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts