Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I run ngk iridiums on mine w/ magnacor 8.5 spark wires. Wished they had 10s though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i use bosch platinums.. they made a good differance and they are bosch 7MM wires

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
NGK or any Japanese brand will be the best. No need in buying any "iridium" or "platinum" as the best spark plugs will be the ones that are closest to oem. I suggest regular NGK plugs

·
Registered
32 Posts
NGK's man. my 94 has 206,000 miles and still runs like new.

·
Registered
91 Toyota RN90 ExCab
156 Posts
Fire in the Hole

I use NGK Platinum plugs, they run good, also W/platinum plugs the electroeds last longer than W/ steel, I pull mine out at intervals, wire brush them alittle, check the gap, ajust, stick em back in, get moneys worth outa them! :lol:

·
Registered
222 Posts
69 1/2 Six Pack said:
In a '90 3VZ-E, platinum? Regular? Brand?
Thanx
I use Champion Truck plugs.Big ol hairy Nickel ally Center and ground electrodes for long life. The larger firing surface provides max. spark in high load engines. Also, the screw threads are plated with an antiseize coating.I use the long lifer plugs cause I have a problem with my #4 plug hole that wants to stick tries to pull the threads but so far ive been able to tap it and clean it, but i wanna go as long as possible between changes.I figure 3 years with the cCampions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts