Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am at about 25k right now on my 2019 hatch and getting close to service time. I have never changed the sparkplugs on this car and will be doing it before it hits 30k.

Question for folks on here. What replacement spark plugs would folks recommend or are currently using to replace OEM?

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
6,410 Posts
They're not due for replacement until you're at 120,000 miles...

OEM spark plugs are Denso FC20HR-Q8

Also available; Denso Iridium TT IXEH22TT and Denso Iridium Tough VFCH20

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't "Need" to change them. I want to change them.

Specifically to Iridium.

Thanks for the brands, guys.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL. Thanks, basically the OEM are already Iridium.

I did not know that. Could not find the spec.

Correct?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you. I did not want to have to do it again. So I wanted to make sure they were Iridium.

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
6,410 Posts
Thank you. I did not want to have to do it again. So I wanted to make sure they were Iridium.
They already are state of the art Denso iridium spark plugs made in Japan, which is why they're not due for replacement until 120,000 miles (192,000 kms).

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
6,410 Posts
Yes of course they're already iridium, as they have been in Corolla engines for well over two decades.

·
Registered
500 Posts
When I had my '07 Corolla I changed them @ 40K with NGKs thinking I get better performance which made no difference. Could had saved $40 bucks by not doing them. Today 11 years later OEMs are still buried in my toolbox what to do with them now. LOL

·
Registered
266 Posts
They already are state of the art Denso iridium spark plugs made in Japan, which is why they're not due for replacement until 120,000 miles (192,000 kms).
In Australia, they need to be replaced at 90k km or 5 years whichever come first according to the log book service schedules.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My last 2 cars didn't have Iridium stock. I changed them to Iridium after 30,000 Miles so I wouldn't have to mess with them again. I did not realize that the OEM ones on this car are already Iridium.

Not doing it for performance. I was just going to do it because I didn't want to mess with it ever again for a long time.

The old copper/platinum ones I think they used to recommend 30-60,000 miles. Iridium can go for like 120, so after 30k changing to Iridium on my last cars meant I could not have to worry about it for years.

·
straight cash homie
21,106 Posts
When I had my '07 Corolla I changed them @ 40K with NGKs thinking I get better performance which made no difference. Could had saved $40 bucks by not doing them. Today 11 years later OEMs are still buried in my toolbox what to do with them now. LOL
Can always sell them to another Toyota owner...many older Toyotas can be retrofitted with the newer Iridium plugs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts