Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the gap for the ngk 6097 plugs.i am sure they come pre gapped but will check them before installation.

·
Registered
91 MR2 Turbo
197 Posts
how much do these plugs cost? and can i order them from autozone>?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ordered mine from advanced but you can get them from autozone to.they cost me $1.59 each.oh yes and boy am i glad i checked that gap.they were set at .25

·
sargdesigns
2,497 Posts
I just picked up some copper plugs, didn't notice much of a differance from the platinum plugs. Except now I get to buy plugs every oil change, woot. :rolleyes:

·
I love Cin
91 Turbo MR2
2,312 Posts
91RED3S, the plugs are cheap less than $1.75/each.
I would recommend chanign them every 3000 miles or so.

93turbomr2, there is no way a plug had a 1/4 inch gap ... the tab would be proken off!

arcasmachineracing, were you expecting 40 HP from plugs?
Changing plugs every oil change? .... I hope you can find the courage to go on!

I've changed out my NGK copper plugs in Hyde at least 4 times this year and I only put on 4000 miles TOTAL.
Why do I change them so often? ... because I race at the limit, because I like to know I have good fresh plugs in there and at 23.5 psi of boost on a 199,000 mile engine I like knowing that :)

What's the big deal? $7 worth of plugs and 15 minutes to swap them out.

If you have a mildly modded car and your more interested in longevity (of the plug) than optimal performance, there is no harm in using the platinum plugs (just avoid the Bosch platinums).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm....not sure but when i used my spark plug gapper they were tight up to 25 and i did what you said and gapped at 30.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
i change my plugs regularly also....every spring when the car comes out of storage and/or every tuning session......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts