Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Avalon
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After quite a search I found a coupon code for www.sparkplugs.com
They seems to have real competitive prices and I have had no problems with them of yet.
Use "dodgetalk" to get 10% off.
They carry Denso and NGK plugs which work well in Toyotas.
They also have 02 sensors and wire sets.

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
nice find, but on spark plug wires...do we just need 1 qty or 2? Every part of each wiresets construction meets or exceed OE/OES specifications. 3 Wires per set
because it said ^ 3 wires per set...i need 6 for a v6.

i would have assumed that wire set means for everything...please clarify if you can.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
you actually only need 3, since the 1mz is half distributorless and has coil packs

only the other 3 have wires and a dizzy

therefore, you only need one set of 3 wires

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
^ distributor

For sparkplugs when i enter quantity do i put in 2 or 4? I know in reg. stores spark plugs come in sets of 2s.

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
TTercel said:
^ distributor

For sparkplugs when i enter quantity do i put in 2 or 4? I know in reg. stores spark plugs come in sets of 2s.

thanks thats what i thought he meant. so 1 set will be fine for me.

my denso plugs i bought at autozone came in boxes of 12 but they are individually packaged. i'm going to assume you need 4 qty.

·
Registered
Avalon
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They sell them individually so you enter the actual qty. For example
I4=4
V6=6
V8=8
*when they come they are in packs for example I got a 4 pack and 2 singles for my V6
In response to the above post I bought the NGK wires and they are nearly the same as OEM. My 1MZ-Fe had Yazaki wires and they seemed to be fine (didn't resistance test them), but I just wanted to do a 100K mile tuneup. I got the Iridum (NGK) plugs and I like them. Plugs looked fine too, but if you neglect to remove you may not get out when they do go bad, so I just spent the $75 and did everything. Plugs in the back are kinda a hassle as I had to lay on the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts