Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
JDM 93 Toyota Mr-2
281 Posts
well am planning on putting two digital designs 10" subs behind the seat and gonna mount the amps underneath the passenger seat:)

·
MR2 for life
94 toyota mr2 turbo
67 Posts
im running with two 10" rockford fosgates behind my seats, and it bumps real hard, esp. with a little car like the mr2. i was thinking about putting my amp underneath the seat but then a noticed hey i can put it in my frunk. So i took out my spare tire, got tweeter to make a box to hold my amp and all the wires. it looks sweet. saves space too. just hope you dont get a flat.:lol:

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
if you search on the main board...shawnm sells custom made enclosures for mk2s...perfect fit for 8''s or 10''s....

·
Registered
500 Posts
If it fits you'll want to be careful about the bleeding from your ears you'll experience when you turn the system on ... ;)

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
you will be surprised how one or a pair of 10'' subs will sound in an mr2...adding two 12s also is overkill...cabin is way too small for proper sound imaging....thats why i've kept my sound system stock...

·
Registered
2005 Corolla XRS
140 Posts
yep.. tahst why im going with an 8.. ive heard 1 kicker 10 light up a civic like its cool.. and thats with only 300 watts or so RMS... I konw 2 10's or even 12's will be way too much noise, and no clarity.

·
Registered
19 Posts
when my mr2 was still together i went over and ran the numbers every way to sunday and all i could do was 2 10" subs one behind each seat and 2 8" in a custom enclosure for the center console that would replace the storage box. i have changed the desigen becuse on one hand yea it would look cool but on the other the car is so small the 10"s hit hard enogh and the 8" would be right in your ear. i have seen people put 2 12" in the MR2 but they normaly requier so much air space that you start to loose leg room, or you build the box too small and wind up trashing the speakers. i really dont see a way to do 2 10" and 2 12" with the space avalible.

·
Registered
2005 Corolla XRS
140 Posts
I found the ShawnM website. I bought the 1 JL 8W3 sub and enclosure shipped out the door for $252... and it custom fits behind the seat in the space between the back of the seat and the floor....

I think Ill put mine on the passenger side jsut because I like the seat all the way back when I drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
one 12inch behing my seat , 300 RMS amp under passenger seat, though leg room just right *I have short leg*z,,POUND*Z!!!
92 sw-20 RHD WHITE
HELPFUL Site thank*z

1 - 12 of 12 Posts