Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In general what would you choose between Infinity, Boston Acoustics, Eclipse or Pioneer? Not subs...

·
TRD Guy
588 Posts
Infinity

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Eclipse, the others dont compare if we're talking components

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
JohnCWms27 said:
Infinity or Eclipse - i dont think youll be as happy with pioneer
x2 especially components

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the responses guys, how much difference do you think will be heard using new front and rears with the factory 6 disc in dash system?

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
do you have an amp?
If not you may actually lose volume, OEM speakers are way more efficent tham aftermarket so at the same low wattage the new ones might even be quieter. I would say get some thing that either pushes 4 x 50 or 2 x 100 and then it'll be like a whole different world

·
Registered
Highlander
1,547 Posts
OEM speakers typically have lower impedance values, thus, they may sound louder, which isn't indicative of their efficiency level. Since he has an OEM 6-disc indash 3-in-1, he's using the OEM amp.

·
Registered
99 camry le v6
148 Posts
pioneer would be on the bottom of my list, i currently have boston 6.5 pro series components in the front of my camry with nx97 6x9s in the rear. i used to have eclipse 6x9s that were damn good but i just needed some rear speakers with more highs to them. infinity's are pretty good also.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Never been a fan of Boston. Of the models listed Pioneer is the clear oddball out, take it off your list.

Eclipse, Infinity and Boston all make good equipment and it's up to your ears to decide.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks again for all the replys, the stockers are 6 ohms so I'd assume that with 4 ohms and 93 db sens replacements would at least equal the sound level output.. I've got several amps lying around but am not sure if I want to go to the trouble yet. The 6 spkr system that came with the 6 disc in dash surprised me, it actually vibrates the mirrors while still giving clean sound-no clipping.

·
I get angry when Im sober
1,858 Posts
boston if you dont mind a metal dome tweeter, infinity kappa isnt even on the same level, havent heard eclipse components yet

·
Registered
27 Posts
my corolla came with 8 ohm speakers with the factory head unit, but most aftermarket speakers are going to be 4 ohm. You'll be able to handle more power with 4ohm speakers and still have good effcy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts