Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PH3N0M
Corolla LE
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hooked up my amp and subs the other day, but I can't get any music. Even my interior speakers are not producing any sound. And when I say no sound, I mean DEAD SILENCE! Fuses are fine and there was no tampering with the factory stereo wires. The interior speaker wires were not even tampered with. NEED HELP!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
im getting my system installed next week. when i called the store, they told me everything i needed. you need some type of converter, in order for the factory speakers to work with the Amp/Subs OR ELSE NOTHING WILL WORK! call a local store, tell them that you have a factory audio system on an 09 Corolla. they will hopefully lead you into the right direction.

·
PH3N0M
Corolla LE
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I purchased a factory converter, but that's not the problem. I un-wired everything from the the car, the subs and amps, but my car speakers dont work PERIOD. Even with everything unhooked and back to factory, I still get no sound...

·
Registered
275 Posts
go to diyma forum and ask for help in the off topic or diyma section the off topic has a open discussion chat box.

09 version with the amplified system
here it is again:

Battery LIGHT BLUE (+) RADIO HARNESS
Accesory GRAY (+) RADIO HARNESS
Ground BROWN (-) RADIO HARNESS
Illumination GREEN (+) RADIO HARNESS
Power Antenna GRAY (+) RADIO HARNESS
LF Speaker (+) BLACK
LF Speaker (-) GREEN
RF Speaker (+) RED
RF Speaker (-) WHITE
Amp Location UNDER FRONT RIGHT SEAT UNDER PLASTIC COVER
Steering Cntrls YES
Speed Cntrl YES
Radio Security YES

------------
The 09 system Standard is here:

Battery LIGHT BLUE (+) RADIO HARNESS
Accesory GRAY (+) RADIO HARNESS
Ground BROWN (-) RADIO HARNESS
Illumination GREEN (+) RADIO HARNESS
Power Antenna TAN (+) RADIO HARNESS
LF Speaker (+) PINK
LF Speaker (-) VIOLET
RF Speaker (+) LIGHT GREEN
RF Speaker (-) BLUE
LR Speaker (+) BLACK
LR Speaker (-) YELLOW
RR Speaker (+) RED
RR Speaker (-) WHITE
Steering Cntrls YES
Speed Cntrl YES
Radio Security YES

hope that helps

btw you can thank lilmsprelude for this info.

·
knoxer2004
turbo 09 corolla xrs
249 Posts
just runs ur speakers strait to ur amp. i did that because i had the same problem that everything turn on but no sound. screw that factory amp trust me

·
PH3N0M
Corolla LE
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just runs ur speakers strait to ur amp. i did that because i had the same problem that everything turn on but no sound. screw that factory amp trust me
Did you still have the problem when you un-installed your amp and sub, meaning your interior speakers didn't produce sound?

·
PH3N0M
Corolla LE
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, so I went in to the Toyota dealership and had it checked out, because I was frustrated enough with everything. They told me that some wires had touched with the head unit, which caused me to hear nothing. So now they're ordering me a new head unit Monday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts