Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Screw holes on the speakers do not match up to the holes left by the factory speakers, even though the speakers themselves are the same size.

Does anyone know where I can get adaptors or SAP's or whatever you call it so that I can install aftermarket speakers in the front and back of my car?

This is for a 95 Camry.
Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 1995 Camry LE and 5.25" speakers for the front, 4"x6" speakers in the back.

·
I get angry when Im sober
1,858 Posts
should be 6.5" in the front.. you can get the SAPs from crutchfield.com, my friend needed em for his Polk/MOMOs... they make be called GM SAPs, can't quite remember.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops, actually they are 6.5", the right size for the camry. I just pulled out the manual for it. In the back there is a "cut-out template" with what looks like a SAP design..

·
Old fogey
1,429 Posts
I took a small piece of metal (specifically an unused PCI slot bracket from the back of my computer), drilled two holes in it as a "bridge" of sorts to line up the screwholes to make the speaker fit in the hole. It's not exact, but the fit is tight and it's a really easy way to do it. Cheap too.

Edit: Of course I sawed off the remaining unnecessary metal so that it wouldn't get in the way.

·
I get angry when Im sober
1,858 Posts
I'd just get the SAPs cause doing it a ghetto way can lead to air leaks along the front.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see. I've checked Crutchfield and it lists several "universal" ones but none specifically for the 95 Camry LE. Is there a way to tell them apart?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts