Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
00 V6 5speed
2000 Toyota Camry LE
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am shopping for new cd player for my 2000 camry and on crutchfield.com they say i need a bypass adapter because of my ''special sound system'' or i could have to replace my whole sound system does any one know what they are talking about and if i really need this. I know they say they will provide it to me for free but i found the same head unit for a cheaper price at a different site.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Does your radio say JBL or anything on it?
Some Camrys had stereos with an external amp..
It says the same thing with my car but I didn't need any bypass adapter. I just needed a wiring harness and a dash kit

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,910 Posts
stop triple posting.....please

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Knailgun said:
stop triple posting.....please

Probably an accident. There's been alot of peoples post's being double and triple posted without them knowing.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
hester21289 said:
i am shopping for new cd player for my 2000 camry and on crutchfield.com they say i need a bypass adapter because of my ''special sound system'' or i could have to replace my whole sound system does any one know what they are talking about and if i really need this. I know they say they will provide it to me for free but i found the same head unit for a cheaper price at a different site.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t70082.html

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the same kind of issue on a 99 Canadian Camry XLE. My head unit has that different wiring harness and two antenna type plugs going into the HU. All I've been able to locate are the adapters that don't mate with my car. In this thread and the other thread that cam2xrunner linked to that second plug is never really identified. I don't have the other bypass plug shown in the picture either. Non JBL and no controls on the wheel but I'm guessing there must be an amp somewhere? Can I splice my new HU into the Camry's wiring loom after the plug? This is what I had been thinking about doing before reading here about a possible amp. Anyone know where the amp might be hiding? Thanks, LRR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts