Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one pushed it to its max limits. i mean with a chip/BPU?
could the engine pull to the supras 320kmph mark?

i know theyre amazing low end engines. but 260? 280? 300? 320????
where does the motor stop and say "NO" lol

·
Lord of the Sith
CAMRY 93' !!1!
1,085 Posts
has any one pushed it to its max limits. i mean with a chip/BPU?
could the engine pull to the supras 320kmph mark?

i know theyre amazing low end engines. but 260? 280? 300? 320????
where does the motor stop and say "NO" lol
320, depends on your gearing...

I can safely tell you that I've pegged the speedo on mine ;) Under controlled conditions on a closed course, of course! :lol:

No chipping on this motor - lean out the afm 5 clicks to bump your power by ~15 ponies + y-pipe for better power.

·
1MZ powered MR2
1991 MR2
1,065 Posts
320kph requires a ton of power. The maximum speed of a vehicle is somewhat dependent on gearing - you'll obviously want a top gear you can actually top out with, not one that'll stop short before peak power is reached.

The stock 3VZ's limit is around 145-155mph. Anything above that and you'll need a lot more power. To break 180mph, you'll need about 3 times the amount of power the engine currently produces. 200mph requires even more.

U.S. laws prohibit a speed limit higher than the speed rating of the tires sold on the car; I'm not sure what the limits are in other countries (Japan obviously has the strictest limit).

The U.S. Camry's ECU carries a speed limit/electronic limit of about 139mph on the 1MZ, not sure about the 3VZ.

·
Lord of the Sith
CAMRY 93' !!1!
1,085 Posts
320kph requires a ton of power. The maximum speed of a vehicle is somewhat dependent on gearing - you'll obviously want a top gear you can actually top out with, not one that'll stop short before peak power is reached.

The stock 3VZ's limit is around 145-155mph. Anything above that and you'll need a lot more power. To break 180mph, you'll need about 3 times the amount of power the engine currently produces. 200mph requires even more.

U.S. laws prohibit a speed limit higher than the speed rating of the tires sold on the car; I'm not sure what the limits are in other countries (Japan obviously has the strictest limit).

The U.S. Camry's ECU carries a speed limit/electronic limit of about 139mph on the 1MZ, not sure about the 3VZ.
3vz has no electronic limiters - just power vs aerodynamics

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
the 3vz camry is limited by one thing...the fact that it is a camry:lol:. now get to work.

When Chuck Norris drives a 3VZ-FE powered Camry he can break the speed of sound.

Chush Norris doesnt break the speed of sound. Sound stops and cowers in terror because Chusk Norris is comming.:lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the camry would transform into 1000hp by the presence of chuck norris.
regardless

by BPU (basic performance upgrades) i mean Aftermarket Podfilter, Custom Free flow exhaust, Bigger extractors, Better fuel pump, Bigger injectors, weight reduction, oh btw i wonder if you could get a 6 speed for this motor? like the 20V blacktop uses. haha that would be torn to shreads if it were ever made to fit.

but yea with all the things mentioned there ^^ and a 5 spd manual tranny.

im in NZ, everything goes as long as youre not too low or not too loud. cops dont care if your car goes 400kmph or 50kmph. i see tony the tigers car hit 240kmph ina video. but im sure 3vz can do more.

i mean they have amazing 100-180times in stock form.

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,910 Posts
it also handles N02 as well......mine has shown no issues with that.....yet

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,910 Posts
do you have any videos of your camry on Nos?
unfortunately no, and at this point in the year, it is on blocks, without battery, and in pieces...I wonder why..?

·
Camry Expert/MR2 JR Xpert
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
^Rebuild???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts