Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Evil
Corolla 02
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im driving a 2002 corolla 185k on it. Recently i noticed my speedometer lights turn on when i switch my head lights off and turn on when i turn my head lights on. Then after a couple of hrs all speedometer lights stopped working climate control lights went off as well. i checked the fuses they are all good. Showed it to a mechanic he says i have to replace my wiper and indicator bars completely. For some reason i dont think that the problem is there, Any suggessions what the possible reason could be.
Thankss,

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Has your Corolla got a dimmer switch on the dash for the speedometer lighting? If so, then that would be the first place I'd check. The rheostats on the back of them can sometimes go bad, which causes the dash lights to stop working.

·
Evil
Corolla 02
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speedometer lights out

I checked the wiring on the dimmer there is no power coming to the wires going into the dimmer.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
It will either be the dimmer switch itself, the headlight switch or a relay. The best place to check for the power source is in the actual fusebox inside the car. The dimmer will be controlled by the fuse labelled 'TAIL'. Another one to check is the relay for the instrument panel lights, which should be found in your engine bay. Another option is to apply 12 volts directly to the harness so that you bypass the dimmer switch completely. This will tell you if it's the dimmer switch or the circuitry at fault. Good luck!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts