Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First all, just let me say thank you for all the wonderful information you provide. Before coming to this forum, I was contemplating buying a Colorado. I do not currently own a Taco, I am saving my money so I can have a 8-10 grand down payment. My question is this, how hard is it to get a speedway blue access cab trd sport. My basic understanding is that to get the speedway blue model is very difficult. Thanks in advance guys.

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
You are correct. Speedway Blue is a rare color. Another rare color in my area is White.

Speedway Blue I believe is only available in the TRD Packages and the X-Runner. It is not available on the SR5 models. You will have to shell out extra dough for the TRD packages to get that color.

It is a very nice color. VERY BRIGHT. I like it.

Call your local dealers and ask them if they have any trucks in that color. You will not be able to "custom" order one. The dealer can locate one around your region and can get it for you very quickly.

·
Lady in Red
1,515 Posts
Hi TacomaDave and welcome. I too am a soon-to-be Tacoma owner looking for the same model (with 5 speed auto) but in Radiant Red. Since I have been tracking the trucks heading to the Southeast I can tell you there are 4 Speedway Blue TRD sport Acess Cab Prerunners due in the next month or so here. 1/10 for $28,386 msrp...1/11 for $25,741 msrp, 2/05 for $25,692 msrp. If you want 4wd 5 speed auto there are three due in of Speedway Blue TRD Sport Access Cabs. 1/09 for $28,728 msrp, 1/10 for $28,728 msrp and 12/05 for $28,728 msrp.

These are of course only the Southeast region but it can give you an idea what is out there by checking in one place. Go to to sebuyatoyota.com and choose a zip in the southeast (I am Miami 33133 but if you choose a place like Deland FL zip 32720 you can actually see their internet selling price which is usually $300 or so under invoice (not msrp). I also found some by going to the toyota.com site and inputting the state (FL) in their "find a dealer" search and I know there were a couple Speedway Blue trucks actually in stock that you won't see on this "to be delivered" list. You have to try each and every dealer in whatever Southeast state to see the on the lot inventory. Seems like I saw one in Tampa somewhere.

Hope this info helps! By the way, Red seems to be rarer than speedway blue if that makes you feel any better. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi TacomaDave. I have the TRD Sport DoubleCab 4X4 in Speedway Blue. I bought it back in May and it took about 6-8 weeks before it came in. The way the dealership explained it to me was that they get allotments for their region, so they have to battle with 5-6 other dealerships for the trucks.

Speedway Blue is a rare color. I have only seen one other Double Cab like mine and only one Access Cab. Nice choice.....PS - I live in the Wilmington, DE area.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks..

For the warm welcome guys. I know I will have to shell out extra for that color but my logic is that this is going to be my truck for at least the next 8 years. I want a 4wd access cab v6, in speedway blue. RIght now I am not concrete on needing 4wd, I live in Illinois, outside Chicago. I see 2 to 3 good snowfalls a year and am trying to make up my mind about that. The for sure thing is that I want speedway blue. Can I still go to that website and enter my zip code to find out how many speedway blue tacomas are coming to my area? Thanks guys.

·
Lady in Red
1,515 Posts
TacomaDave said:
Can I still go to that website and enter my zip code to find out how many speedway blue tacomas are coming to my area? Thanks guys.
That particular website for the southeast is just southeast dealers inventory. I wanted to give you an idea of what they are expecting as far as colors and that they do make what you want. However, you can go to individual dealers in your area from the toyota.com website. Just go to toyota.com, choose locate a dealer...then advanced search. Put in just your state and you will get a list of all the dealers in that state. Each should have a website you can go to from the list you get of dealers. For instance I put in Illinois and clicked the name of the second one on the list (Arlington Toyota) and went to their site. Most dealers have pretty similar websites so usually you look under "new" and "search inventory". Then put in what you want as far as v6 4wd access cab and you can see what they have at their lot. Looks like they have a silver and an indigo blue there. By looking at the msrp you can figure out pretty much what options they have (only the towing package is listed but it must have SR5, TRD offroad or TRD sport). If you don't know the price for your options check on edmunds.com to see the msrp for each. At least you can find out if they have Speedway Blue, then call them to confirm options.

Yes, you have to go through each and every dealer one at a time from the toyota.com list to see inventory for each dealer. I guess you can check other nearby states too and see who may have your truck in stock. Have fun!!:)

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma TRD SP
110 Posts
I thought the Speedway Blue was a rare color. I bought my 06 Tacoma back in October and the dealership told me it was the first one they had gotten in that color. Well about a month later I stop there and saw that they had gotten in another one with the same exact options/package as mine. Now I noticed that they have a total of 4 sitting on the lot in Speedway Blue , 1 Doublecab and 3 Access cabs. All TRD Sports. So much for me having the only one around I guess. I thought it was kind of strange that Toyota would send them 4 of the exact same trucks in that color equipped the same way in such a short period of time epecially since it's a small dealer and Toyota isn't there primary line.

·
Registered
Toyota Tacoma
102 Posts
AlpineJLAudio said:
Speedway Blue I believe is only available in the TRD Packages and the X-Runner. It is not available on the SR5 models. You will have to shell out extra dough for the TRD packages to get that color.

ok sure, not. Please get your facts straight before you ramble on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What facts that he posted were incorrect according to toyota's website speedway blue is an x-runner color and the only other way to get it is to get the trd sport package. I tried building a non-sport package model and i couldn't pick speedway blue as a color.I am just asking so i know because i really want this color.

·
Registered
848 Posts
TacomaDave said:
What facts that he posted were incorrect according to toyota's website speedway blue is an x-runner color and the only other way to get it is to get the trd sport package. I tried building a non-sport package model and i couldn't pick speedway blue as a color.I am just asking so i know because i really want this color.
Well, judging by his signature, apparently he has the Speedway Blue in a non TRD SR5 package. I have seen one on the road around here, but it may be a regional thing. Keep in mind, that color seems to be the worst offender as far as the paint chipping goes, if you get a lot of snow in Illinois that could be a problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fitz235 said:
Well, judging by his signature, apparently he has the Speedway Blue in a non TRD SR5 package. I have seen one on the road around here, but it may be a regional thing. Keep in mind, that color seems to be the worst offender as far as the paint chipping goes, if you get a lot of snow in Illinois that could be a problem.
That reminds me, what exactly is the SR5 package? I understand off road and sport and prerunner, but i have never read exactly what SR5 is. On the topic of paint chipping, does that 3M invisible paint protectant work all that well? Any personal experiences?

·
Registered
848 Posts
TacomaDave said:
That reminds me, what exactly is the SR5 package? I understand off road and sport and prerunner, but i have never read exactly what SR5 is. On the topic of paint chipping, does that 3M invisible paint protectant work all that well? Any personal experiences?
I haven't used it, but will be ordering some of that stuff for the headlights, It's relatively cheap, and if it saves your paint/headlights for a year or two it would be worth it. I probably wouldn't order it if I didn't live in an area where there is an unlimited amount of sand/salt on the roads in the winter, it's a light sandblasting everytime your on the highway.As far as what exactly is included in the SR5 package, I'm not sure. Someone else will have to chime in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts