Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been handed down an 03 Highlander Limited. Im currently installing a new radio and subs. Really would like to spice it up a bit. What are some things that i could possibly do to it? Performance wise at the very least?

·
I Break Everything!
207 Posts
Basically you have suspension, little things and custom things you can do.

Suspension: Look for lowering packages (Strut/spring or coilover) for the same year Lexus RX300.

Little things: Tint, LED lighting, maybe HIDs, autodim compass mirror.

Custom things: Get the seats recovered by a interior shop, custom exhaust, etc.

As far as I know of there really aren't any performance mods for these cars and really, unless you are trying to prove something there's much better platforms out there to start with. Given the resale value of these little buggers if you are into the go fast or custom car scene you're better off bouncing the highlander to a mommy and get yourself something more suited to your tastes.

·
Registered
2004 Highlander V6 FWD Millennium Silver, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum- Toasted Walnut Pearl
162 Posts
Yeah I agree no major customizations for performance...maybe K&N air filter

as for other customs...you can do a few cosmetic/electronic ones...these are the ones I have on my 04:
Pioneer Avic 900BT w gps,bluetooth, and xm
Rear Camera
Lighted visor w garage door opener
Compass/temp rear view mirror
led turn signal mirror (painted to match)
Window Visors along w bug guard (bug guard painted to match)
Front Manik Brushguard (painted to match)
Smoke tinted fog lights
HID's
20 Vagare Rims running 275/40's (summer)
17" Enkei rims w blizzak tires (winter Snow tires)
OEM lighted running boards (generally found in the south)
Autopage rs-900 Autostart/alarm
Chrome door handles

Thats about it....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anything i could do to headlights or taillights? Other than smoke the back ones? Like replace them to something better?

·
I Break Everything!
207 Posts
If you had the funds for an extra pair and the patience to open them up (Usually involves an oven 400* F and quick patient work.) and install projectors, maybe angel eyes if you're into that sort of thing.

Tailights, I have yet to see anyone try but the hybrids have LED tails on them. I wonder if they swap.

Like I said there's not a whole lot you can do with these with off of the shelf parts. You're gonna have to make your own.

·
AvConsult
3,671 Posts
91 octane gas. Yep, these engines will leverage higher octane for more advanced ignition timing and noticeably snappier throttle response. The Owner's manual will confirm.

·
Registered
182 Posts
91 octane gas. Yep, these engines will leverage higher octane for more advanced ignition timing and noticeably snappier throttle response. The Owner's manual will confirm.
Yep, for optimal performance it say 91 octane. we don't have 91 here so 89 it gets ;)

·
Registered
Kluger *Highlander*
21 Posts
as a first time post
i do know that here in australia, there is a company making lowered springs for v6 model HL ( kluger over here ).
They are called King Springs,

·
Registered
Kluger/Highlander
251 Posts
Australia is very expensive for automotive parts, I for one will not be buying major parts from my local dealers if I can help it any more except for air filters every 20-30,000 k's and spark plugs in 60,000 k's.

another option may be to talk to a local suspension place and see what they can piece together.

·
I Break Everything!
207 Posts

·
Registered
Kluger/Highlander
251 Posts
oh I just remember some one posted a TRD Japan suspension link a while back, was about 1200 us for the whole kit part numbers and all, I think was about 30mm drop too. I've re installed my laptop since and lost the link :(

·
I Break Everything!
207 Posts
they say they are for rx300 ?
will these fit v6 highlander
Yes I did a little research a few months ago to verify the struts were the same and they are meaning the RX and the HL share the same suspension.

·
Registered
Kluger *Highlander*
21 Posts
oh I just remember some one posted a TRD Japan suspension link a while back, was about 1200 us for the whole kit part numbers and all, I think was about 30mm drop too. I've re installed my laptop since and lost the link :(
found them here

KLUGER L・V 03.8-
3.0L 4WD
(MCU25W)TRD Sportivo Suspension Full Set116, 000Full set of below shock absorber set and spring set.Shock Absorber SetMS260-48002
(48030-MU310)G68, 000Front shock absorber 1109/739N
Rear shock absorber 1098/562NCoil Spring SetMS250-48003
(48130-MU310)F48, 000Front Coil Spring K=44.0N/mm
Rear Coil Spring K=34.0N/mm (Ride height approx. 30mm lowering)http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_sportivo.html

drill down to kluger...
although seems a bit of kit
i just want springs for my kluger cv

1 - 20 of 28 Posts