Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Edmunds Inside Line said:
The 2012 Honda Civic is out and about and it was only a matter of time before we got a good shot of its interior. What we see here, despite a new look, is the same-ol' same ol' from Honda. Split-level dash with the lower portion dominated by a large tachometer, an upper level with speedometer, trip computer, etc.

While the formula is what we're used to, the overall look here is blockier, and the tach looks much easier to read and the single-zone climate and stereo appear even more canted towards the driver. The wheel, too, is different. It still appears to keep the same, sculpted shape of the outgoing Civic, but the buttons--especially that circular one on the right-- are different.
Rest of article here:
http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2010/09/spy-photos-2012-honda-civic-interior.html

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,736 Posts
Still bland....still boring. Honda needs to stop being too green. Sooner or later, all of their interiors will be more boring than old men playing chess.

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,986 Posts
Still bland....still boring. Honda needs to stop being too green. Sooner or later, all of their interiors will be more boring than old men playing chess.

Ditto! Same with Toyota. Although I know Honduh and Toyota won't stop being green, which is fine, but have some excitment on the side. And no the CR-FAIL and a bloated overweight Si doesn't count.
I know times have change, but the Civic isn't the cool quirky small car. its bloated and ugly and boring.

Toyota and Honduh might have the stronghold for now on perception their products are the best or at the top. But you can only make appliances for people who are half dead for so long, then Hyundai and Ford come out with just as good of products if not better that are stylish and fun. And Mazda as well.

Yes Toyota has a different philosophy but its so dull, Honduh is worse cause their cars are dull and butt ass ugly (including Acura). Double the FAIL.:thumbsdow

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Cressida
4,512 Posts
Disappointing, it actually looks cheap...kind of like the current one actually. This is one car I'm not looking forward to, Honda has continued its streak of awful designs so far and I'm not sure if the Civic is safe from this.

·
Registered
635 Posts
But you can only make appliances for people who are half dead for so long, then Hyundai and Ford come out with just as good of products if not better that are stylish and fun.
Yes, the current Ford Fusion and Ford Focus are really stylish, but Toyota and Honda makes cars for half dead people. :lol:

·
The Toyota Guru
2013 BMW 328i xDrive
332 Posts
It just looks like the current Civic Interior, just more angular.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm going to wait on a final production model to pass judgment but wow that color palette and surface choice is so bland. I feel like Honda is using the 80s as their influence with all the digital gauges and the design itself.

·
Toyota Collector
12,009 Posts
Honda engineers have a severe case of angle-itis. When they come up with a new design, does the senior engineer tell his team, "looks great, but needs more angles" ???

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Why do every Hondas automobile come with minimum leg room space? I get leg cramps for just driving one.

Very true. Two guys at my work have Civics, ones an 2008 the other is a 2010, they are horrible to sit in.

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
Honda engineers have a severe case of angle-itis. When they come up with a new design, does the senior engineer tell his team, "looks great, but needs more angles" ???
Maybe they got so green they turned off the design department computers and gave out a big keg of Lego!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Why do every Hondas automobile come with minimum leg room space? I get leg cramps for just driving one.
I had that issue with a lot of Toyotas too we looked at when buying a new car a couple years ago, and even my 93 Corolla is barely adequate up front. Too bad the back seat has less leg room than a Mustang when the seats are all the way back.

On the Honda's interior, I feel like I'm back in the mid 90s the way that dash is angled around the driver, the look of the materials, and the shape of the things like vents and switches. The slope on it looks strange as well.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
93 Corolla = tiny car. :lol:

And man. Honda just can't do anything right anymore. It's sad. :(

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Sometimes out in Death Valley and the Mojave I'll run across cars that are being tested and are camouflaged so you can't make out any exterior details. Two "secret" test tracks are located out near California City and I've driven around the exterior of the Honda track in my Samurai. For a look-see at the automotive world's "Area 51" ;) :lol: just plug this lat and long into GoogleEarth, pan out slightly, and then check out the tracks north and south of that position:

35 10.352N, 117 59.143W

1 - 19 of 19 Posts