Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a favor for a friend, changing out front wheel bearings. Can't figure out the size of the spindle nut? Dealership 1 said it was a 33mm Nope, Dealership 2 said 32mm Nope. Read a few posts here look's like it is a 30mm from what I read can anyone confirm that it is a 30mm 12pt socket that is required to do this job.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just did a front wheel bearing job for my 2003 Corolla. I used a 30mm 12 point socket. That axle nut was very tight, but I used a 1.5 meter long steel pipe to get additional leverage from the 18' breaker bar, so it went off easily.

And don't forget to unstake it. The part you are going to unstake is about 1mm thick, so don't go too deep and damage the thread.

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
14,777 Posts
Also if you get a new axle nut (what you are talking about) make sure you get to correct type (stake nut). You will be surprised how many places sell axles with the wrong nut or don't carry it. If you don't crack it unstaking it you may be able to reuse it even though it isn't recommended.

Good luck.

Reactions: MMADroid
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.