Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be putting 100 watts to each of my rear speakers. As these are rear fill speakers I don't think that they need this much power (diamond audio m351, I don't even know if they can take that much w/o blowing) is there any way to split the 100 watts and have the rear channels push my rear fill at say 35watts and put the remaining 65watts either to the front stage (biampable) or some midbass?
please included any specific instructions with your reply as I will most likely need it
thanks in advance.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
No...not possible

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you elabotare hatch?, why is it not pratical?

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
becuase it would take someone rather well knowledgable about circutry to make you a chipset to distribute the power properly.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Hatch said:
yes it is possible, just probably not very practical.
are you retarded, its not possible...if you can explain how to do this, then I can save thousands of dollars running my whole system off a 2000 watt amp.

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
am I retarded? Its simple circutry you idiot, all you do is create the correct sequence of Transofrmers/Resistors to gain the correct wattage for each channel.

I personally dont know the correct combination but I could find out.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
and where do all these components go? you only have two speaker terminals coming out of the amp, meaning you would have to split the power after it comes out of the speaker terminals, so your saying that you would have all these parts lying around the car unprotected? sounds pretty dam lame...Judah the only way you can get less power to the rear is get a 4 channel amp.

Hatch please find out, I need a good laugh.

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok ok, settle down you two, there's no reason for all that. perhaps this is a better question, what happens if you hook up two different speakers to the same amp channel? say one m351 (diamond audio rated for 60 watts) and one koda 6 (adire audio rated for 150 watts) ? will they work just not well, will the koda suffer and the diamond get overworked? just a flippant idea, but you all are more knowledgable(sp)

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
im not even going to argue with you about this, you are obviously very close minded and think that if you cant do it, it cant be done.

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
what happens is the resistance increases depending on the ohmage(sp?) of the speakers and then the power gets split.

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
eddie, what are you looking for, including shipping, for those quarts? I might have to just use them, or something similar and just sell my koda 6's:sosad:

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
If your amp is 2 ohm stable per channel, then they will both see 100 watts each, but remember that the koda can play down a lower frequency than the diamonds and handle more power, so your diamonds will start to distort before your kodas, meaning you will not utilize your kodas to their max potential. You will also have no fader control either.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Did you buy the koda component set? 175 shipped for the RSB213's

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Did you buy the koda component set? 175 shipped for the RSB213's

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no, i only have the 6's themselves(remember I used to only have 4's in the doors) and the lack of a fader is a good point. what I'm wondering is, is it possible to cross over the diamond after I split it from the koda? so it wouldn't get the lower frequncy. I think the koda can play comfortably up to around 800hz

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Yes you can, with bass blockers. The M351 are 5.25" coaxials, so you you would need a 80 or 100Hz blocker set. I have some if you need them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts