Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
2015 Corolla S Plus
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Tail Of The Dragon, my buddy drove it this past April for the rotary fest that they had down there... Looks like a lot of fun....

I've been going there since before it was cool! lol My grandparents lived at the town at the end of the Dragon and my grandad said he helped build the road and they didnt know what the hell they were doing.

318 curves in 11 miles.

Semi's are now BANNED:

I have 600 miles on my car. How long should I wait before I start introducing higher rpms to the engine? I'm in no rush, just curious.

·
2014 Corolla Sport
3,245 Posts
I've been going there since before it was cool! lol My grandparents lived at the town at the end of the Dragon and my grandad said he helped build the road and they didnt know what the hell they were doing.

318 curves in 11 miles.

Semi's are now BANNED:

I have 600 miles on my car. How long should I wait before I start introducing higher rpms to the engine? I'm in no rush, just curious.
Shit...I would love to drive that road lol

·
Toyota Lifer!!!!
2014 Corolla S Plus
381 Posts
6000 RPM seems like a nice place that's where I've been shifting. The only thing is I still think I'm driving my old 5-speed and let off the gas when I shift. It's weird shifting with no clutch!!!!

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,636 Posts
Decided to check out Toyota's website. All they say about sport mode is:

I just wonder which ECU parameters are changed.
If you want to truly release your inner driver then buy a 6-speed manual! That's the only real way. >:D The manual is so easy to drive that even in heavy traffic I don't think twice about it.

·
2015 Corolla S Plus
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
If you want to truly release your inner driver then buy a 6-speed manual! That's the only real way. >:D The manual is so easy to drive that even in heavy traffic I don't think twice about it.
I'm over it! I'm 35 and have been driving manuals since I was 16. 2 weeks ago I finally got my first auto and I'm loving it! It's a nice break.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts