Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
BahaMR2
1992 JDM MR2
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive ordered these rims from sport max off ebay in gold and just needed some help with tire sizes. here are the wheels specs.

front tires 17x7 offset +38
rear tires 17x9 offset +35

i would like some nice low profile tires for these.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
cool...go 40 series for the low profile....215 in front and 245 in the rear..nice wide stance..will be mean looking...BTW, how much did the rims cost? if i may ask....those are exactly the style I was looking for...

·
BahaMR2
1992 JDM MR2
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol i dunno i guess i thought it sounded cool. Numb - One = isolated one is the easiest i can break it down.

i'm on this small island and was the 2nd down here with a SW20.

yeah man they shud have um the store name is SGmotoring. they only have like 3 really nice rims though. but 4 the price and the staggered setups u cant beat um.

·
Registered
91 Turbo Mr2
165 Posts
400 each ?

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
numbone said:
lol i dunno i guess i thought it sounded cool. Numb - One = isolated one is the easiest i can break it down.

i'm on this small island and was the 2nd down here with a SW20.

yeah man they shud have um the store name is SGmotoring. they only have like 3 really nice rims though. but 4 the price and the staggered setups u cant beat um.
:lol: I would expect to pay 3x's that price for those rims. especially staggered... way to go..:thumbup: surely you'll post pics after they're on....thanks

·
BahaMR2
1992 JDM MR2
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$420 for 4 also check subydude on ebay they have the new rota D2's replicas of the SRII's $555 for 4. it will be tricky getting staggered though but ive seen people with 17x7.5 17x8.5 on their 2's.

yeah man i will post pics as soon as i get them on. along with my new paint job and lowering :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
i bought a set of sprtmax from sgmotoring..same thing, 17 x 7 F and 17 x 9 R. My rims are slightly different. i went with the anodized bronze..paid 465 after shipping...couldnt beat the deal

·
BahaMR2
1992 JDM MR2
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well my car is being sprayed at the moment in a vibrant dark red. and dark shade of bronze with a black dusting will suit it opposed to gold. gold would go well with the oem crimpson red.

·
BahaMR2
1992 JDM MR2
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i recieved the rims this Tuesday been too busy at werk to get them mounted. and wont do that till my car is out the shop anyway. pics soon 2 come

·
FRANK THE TANK LIVES!
'91 MR2 turbo
819 Posts
Better roll them rear fenders first. :D

·
no more V-6...
1993 MR-2
632 Posts
those wheels are damn nice for that price numbone!! and 4DMRt... congrads on the new douce, it's looking good!

·
BahaMR2
1992 JDM MR2
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The rims and tires actually fit nicely and they dont look so shabby on the stock suspension (bilstein option 1992 Japan), no need to roll fenders with the clearance i'm getting. the paint job came out all right still have to give it another buff

SportMax 962
17x7 - 215/40/17ZR
17x9 - 255/40/17ZR

I'll have some cleaner pics up this week with pictures showing clearance and fitment.

·
Registered
500 Posts
245s will rub?

numbone, do you know what the weight of those wheels? I love the look of 'em but I'm having a very hard time envisioning gold wheels on a dark red without shuddering :p

·
FRANK THE TANK LIVES!
'91 MR2 turbo
819 Posts
I'd love to see those clearance pics. I find it very hard to believe a 17x9 +35 with 255 tires does not rub in the rear.

Hit some hard bumps, and I bet you'll hear the scraping.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts