Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Gen5.5 Sportivo V6
04 Camry Sportivo V6
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was having an arguement with my friend the other day about putting TRD Badges on my car.
I am well aware that my Camry has no performance mods of any form :lol:

In my opinion, it just makes the car look nicer.
my friend says it will just make you look stupid :p:

whats everyone's opinion on this? :D

the badges look like this, by the way:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2475114332

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
I think thats false advertisement.... aka.. rice. But... do whatever makes YOU happy.

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
well here is the deal... TRD= toyota racing development... so you may not have TRD parts- but you are still a toyota enthusiast and maybe in performance oriented parts- thus TRD to me is not just having TRD components- but a pride in toyota and the desire to show your custom applications over the usual toyota stuff...

i am pro TRD decals:thumbup:

·
Gen5.5 Sportivo V6
04 Camry Sportivo V6
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess it wouldnt be too ricey :p: its only a badge, its not like a massive decal across the car :lol:

just out of curiousity, does Toyota have any other performance brands other than TRD......
I heard about Tom's but is it technically a Toyota performance brand?

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
I have TRD air filter and license plate frame... I really don't feel that such an insignificant mod justified slapping the frame on there, but I like it, so I'm gonna leave it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I don't have anything TRD but I got their license plate anyway to show support, before I was a free advertisement for the dealer :thumbdown

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
terrynham said:
i guess it wouldnt be too ricey :p: its only a badge, its not like a massive decal across the car :lol:
Yah, Thats what those honda ricers say when they put a vtec badge on their car...:thumbdown

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
New Balances & Nikes
5,944 Posts
I almost put TRD parts on my Cam when I was gonna go from 5SFE to 5SFTE, but then my turbo (which was from a Supra not an MR2/GT4 and wouldn't bolt on) was stolen, then I got excited about 3SGTE, then the distributor coil blew and it started burning oil, and now I couldn't tell you where them decals/emblems are now. (Cant even find them GTR emblems for the Maxima I was gonna trade the Cam in for now either)

If you don't have anything performance on the ride, I wouldn't do it...get a TN sticker and some TOMS or TTE logos for the ride from Ebay Europe.

·
Mr. A. Wong
634 Posts
you don't have to have TRD stuff on your car to put on a TRD badge, imho. if you like the brand, there's nothing at all wrong with putting TRD on your car. people who call it 'rice' are too image conscious. do what you like, as long as your happy, don't worry about what other people say.:thumbup:

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
grapefury said:
you don't have to have TRD stuff on your car to put on a TRD badge, imho. if you like the brand, there's nothing at all wrong with putting TRD on your car. people who call it 'rice' are too image conscious. do what you like, as long as your happy, don't worry about what other people say.:thumbup:

Do I really have to say anything.... sure... why not.

Someguy: I like VTEC
Otherguy: Maybe you should buy a Honda.
Someguy: Na... screw that.... I'll just put the badge on my Celica next to my TRD badge.

PS. I stole the picture from O/T, How many ricers have you seen. I couldn't remember... but knew I saw the thing.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
grapefury said:
Yes only that you look like a complete dumbass...

How can you run around with like a Geo, and have Vtec and Trd stickers on it? Yah, You just look stupid.

·
Mr. A. Wong
634 Posts
well, i meant that as long as the badge made sense, and wasn't obviously wrong.

example:

TRD badge on a toyota (fine).
TRD badge on a benz.. (obviously wrong, looks retarded and ignorant)

VTEC on a honda (fine)
DINAN on a bmw (fine)

etc.. etc..

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
CamNub said:
Yah, Thats what those honda ricers say when they put a vtec badge on their car...:thumbdown
Nah, a TRD badge w/no TRD parts is totally different than a VTEC badge w/no VTEC... thats like a V6 S/C badge on an NA i4 where as a TRD badge is no different than a MOPAR sticker. :thumbup:

I say do it if it makes you happy. ...just don't over do it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts