Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Camry XLE
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well spring finally came to Seattle this weekend. 70 degrees!!

I spent yesterday detailing the HL.

It took me 10 minutes to get all of the winter crud out of the Toyota "Guy in a Cowboy Hat" emblem on the lift gate!!

I wish Toyota had done a better job in designing the rear deflector.
The current one doesn't do much in breaking up the turbulance at the rear.

Trivia...If you are not familiar with the meaning of the "Guy in the Cowboy Hat" logo here are two versions of its meaning.

The current Toyota Mark consists of three ovals: the two perpendicular center ovals represent a relationship of mutual trust between the customer and Toyota. These ovals combine to symbolize the letter “T” for Toyota. The space in the background implies a global expansion of Toyota’s technology and unlimited potential for the future.”
Another interpretation...

The Toyota logo is three ellipses depicting the heart of the customer, the heart of the product, and the ever-expanding technological advancements and boundless opportunities that lie ahead
I just see a "Guy in a Cowboy Hat" :D

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Glad to know someone else is getting down to washing their HL too. I did mine two days ago after letting the dirt collect from the desert...I just don't see the reason in washing it every time I return. Anyway, I've never had any problem with the logo collecting crud, my problem seems to be the rear window and the gap around it. No matter how hard I flush that area with water, no matter how deeply I push a soft brush into the gap, damn it all if dirty water doesn't keep dripping out during and after the wash! :headbang: Other than that, it's a dream to clean and I can wash the HL in less time than it takes to do my Avalon. BTW, summerwind, what process do you go through to clean the roof? :eek: I use a step ladder and have a system of going up and down both sides to clean and dry.

Funny thing is about that logo, it's kind of like a Rohrshach's test: When I look at it I see a Texas longhorn steer. Seriously. Take a look at it and think longhorn...it'll make you want to eat steak tonight....:lol:

·
Registered
453 Posts
All I see is the T in the circle. I washed the HL this weekend and is now tucked inside the garage for the week. Will be riding in the camry for a couple of days to break in a new set of 255/40-18 RE050s I put on.
This looks like a set of long horns

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
^^^ See what I mean? ;):D I'll bet if you actually did modify those things you could sell them in Texas by the bushel....

·
Premium Member
2007 Camry XLE
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ See what I mean? ;):D I'll bet if you actually did modify those things you could sell them in Texas by the bushel....

So are you saying Texans like to drive Horny Cars:rolleyes:

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm with you Traildust, I also thought the emblem was a bull... indicating the abuse that a Tou could take. NO Summerwind, I don't want/like/drive horny cows... I'm a city dweller! :)

DeWat

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
So are you saying Texans like to drive Horny Cars:rolleyes:
Just the fact that it looks like a longhorn is reason enough. We Texans are proud of every ounce, every square inch of the state. :D Heck, I'd get some of those horns and put them on my Highlander...and drive horny....;)

·
Premium Member
2007 Camry XLE
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hook em Horns dudes:thumbsup:

·
Kohari1
69 Posts
Washed my HiHy a few days ago.... but got a bunch of rain over the weekend...
Oh well, I'll just have to wash it again...

Does anyone know how long you are suppose to wait until you wax a brand new car?
Someone told me around 1 year.... kinda suspicious.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Washed my HiHy a few days ago.... but got a bunch of rain over the weekend...
Oh well, I'll just have to wash it again...

Does anyone know how long you are suppose to wait until you wax a brand new car?
Someone told me around 1 year.... kinda suspicious.
IMO, any time.

Just got back from two days in the desert and got some good photos and will post them to the pic thread. Now I've got to break out the foot ladder and wash my baby all over again.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts