Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I have enough money to throw away on one of these right now, and I am having a hard time trying to pick which one I want to do. My manifold isn't broken, but the heat shields are fucked up, so I was just going to buy a new manifold, but I don't have to. I just bought a K&N panel filter from Talisman for the current air setup, but I could buy a CAI from EL Proto for better performance. I just got a new set of 16's so I could buy lowering springs (intrax) and make it look mean. Nothing is broken and nothing has to be done, but something has to be upgraded, so help me pick.

For instance:

I have just enough money to buy Intrax springs or Tokico struts.
I have just enough money to buy a CAI and put it on.
I have just enough money to buy a new manifold and get it put on.

Decisions...decisions...

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
i say CAI have some go with your show, but then again the manifold would be good as well .......

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, one for CAI who's next?

I've been concentrating on the engine lately, so it is engine goodies or suspension goodies.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
suspension is what I would go for, but doesn't make sense to do one component at a time. CAI? not for me...Manifold, only if it's leaking, unless you want to go performance and it'll cost more than a full suspension swing.

Windows tinted yet? How about a rear swaybar or tower strut? All servicing up to date? Like trannie? Sirius radio?

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
Drop it! Gen2's with rims but no drop look like trucks

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Springs. You will get a lot more out of a better suspension than anything else you listed. Actually, someone is selling an entire 2nd gen setup right here. All Brand new also...

http://www.camryman.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2178

You might be able to get a really good deal :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
i would go for the mainfold because that could be something you NEED to fix later on. why not do it now instead of getting extra goodies.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,917 Posts
If you do springs, do struts at the same time or you will be kicking yourself for ruining the handling of your ride... That said, tokico or KYB and Intrax springs looks pretty good on a gen2, especially since you already have wheels... The back will be a bit higher than the front, so I suggest you put a big subwoofer in the back to even it out. :D

-Charlie

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
i'd go with springs and struts, that's probably the one thing you'll notice the most while driving

it'll probably make you the happiest

·
Grenaded piston
6,612 Posts
Manifold? I thought you wanted to buy a header?

Have you considered a rear swaybar? Whiteline makes front and rear swaybars for gen 2's. ;)

And I agree with what Charlie said about the springs & struts. Do both at the same time.

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
make your own cai and then get the springs:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
big_p31 said:
make your own cai and then get the springs:thumbup:
w00t! Dryer hose is the shizel.

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
if you have a 3sfe like me then you won't really notice a difference with a cai. i felt a HUGE difference in le-torque when i built my shortram. it litterally cost me $10 to build. buy the springs.

where are you getting your springs at and for how much because i am looking into getting some.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
kenratboy said:
w00t! Dryer hose is the shizel.
are you making fun out of my dryer hose???? i got the idea from silver streak like 2 years ago

1 - 16 of 16 Posts