Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Toyota Camry
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo what's good, I just finished putting on brand new Tokico HP struts and Sprint lowering spring on my 99 Camry, I am pretty darn sure that I did everything right, but when the wheel is turned and I go over a bump it kinda sounds like either one of both of the springs in the front are making a "Bo-ing' type sounds, going into corners are fine and everything else sounds pretty good, Please Help

Thank you in Advance,

·
Registered
451 Posts
The noise in the front when turning could be caused by a broken strut mount bearing. However if it occurs when going over bumps you may be out of luck. Strut mount noise caused by an aftermarket suspension is a well documented problem for 4th gen Camry's. Make sure all bolts were torqued to the proper amount. You can try replacing your strut mounts but there is no guarantee that will solve anything.

Is it a more of a knock or a squeek?

·
Australian TN'er
272 Posts
Mine had that problem. Then they undid the bolts and took the stut out and refitted it. And now it is all good again =D

·
Registered
99 Toyota Camry
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking more closely at it now it kind of seems as though that part of the coil is touching a part of the coil that underneath, cause it seems like there is some paint on the coil seems to be rubbing off, and I am pretty sure that it was not there before, and the sound is more like a releasing of a spring type sound :eek:

·
Registered
99 Toyota Camry
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Phat Devil said:
Mine had that problem. Then they undid the bolts and took the stut out and refitted it. And now it is all good again =D

so when you say refitted it, did they compress the spring and take out the strut mount and than put every thing back together again?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts